• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train driver assessment attempt query

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunk26

Hi everyone, new to the forum. As the title suggests I would like some clarification on train driver assessments.

I was in Carlisle a few weeks ago for an assessment day with Direct Rail Services for the trainee driver jobs they were recruiting for.

On the day I sat the mechanical comprehension, verbal comprehension, numerical reasoning, trainability for safety test, rules and regs and safe concentration and attention tests.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. However my query is because I would not have sat their psychometric test in Watford until a later date does this still count as one of my attempts at the driver assessments?

Clarification would be appreciated.

Shaun

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyw39

Hi mate. The tests we sat with DRS were their own set and do not count as one of your two chances at the national tests.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
The trainability and scaat test are ususally part of the core tests so you if you failed those ones then it could very well be a six month wait with one life gone.

The TOCs are changing to a new procedure in October though

shaunk26

Thanks for the quick response. It's because I wanted to apply for the trainee positions with DB Schenker. But I'm a bit deflated if that is one strike already. I have an interview with Scotrail for a entry level job coming up. If I get I might keep my final attempt for working through the company.

TDK

Established Member
Hi mate. The tests we sat with DRS were their own set and do not count as one of your two chances at the national tests.

That all depends if DRS enter your details into the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.