• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Driver Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

TevMc96

Hi all, currently just passed all levels of my assessments then interview for a train driver role and went for my medical a week ago. Just looking to find out if anyone had this recently or knew how long before they get back in contact?

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
If you have had a medical , usually that's after an actual job offer and contract. Do you not have a start date. What toc was it.

TevMc96

If you have had a medical , usually that's after an actual job offer and contract. Do you not have a start date. What toc was it.
Nope no start date or contract. I was given a conditional offer of employment but nothing more than that. I am currently doing a different role within the TOC

Last edited:

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
As you are an internal applicant, you will need to contact someone in HR.

You do have a conditional offer only because one of those conditions is passing a medical.

Driver2B

Hi all, currently just passed all levels of my assessments then interview for a train driver role and went for my medical a week ago. Just looking to find out if anyone had this recently or knew how long before they get back in contact?

thanks

At my TOC, if no further investigations were required, it was immediately in your presence. If any further investigations were required, these were detailed to you, and when satisfactory results were received from these, communicated via e-mail.

I am aware from a previous thread, though, that most TOCs don't get an immediate result from drug and alcohol testing in itself - mine gave a result of that within two minutes.

12guard4

Patience unfortunately. Having a medical still doesn't guarantee a date. Although they probably have an idea in HR when you're starting it clearly is not confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.