• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Maintainer London Underground Vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Judders

I passed the assessment centre a few weeks a go! Has anyone had a start date confirmed yet?

Rob88

Still waiting to hear the outcome of my assessment. Had it a week ago? I was told I could wait up to 4 weeks but have heard some have been told within a few days?

Rob88

Congrats!
You seem to be the first one being offered a position straight away. Until now i think they only put people on a waiting list for when positions become available.
Apologies..... didn’t mean I got offered a position, just got told I was successful!!

Judders

I haven’t been told anything yet mate, just completed the background checks and the other stuff that was asked of me.

Have you heard any more?
They have my completed DBS and reference, still awaiting medical and start date!

Corner

Hi guys, in a similar position to a few of you, lucky enough to pass the assesment day and be put on a waiting list.

Filled in the reference checking files and the DBS about 3 weeks ago, was just wondering if anyone got confirmation to say all had been recieved ok?

Rob88

Hi guys, in a similar position to a few of you, lucky enough to pass the assesment day and be put on a waiting list.

Filled in the reference checking files and the DBS about 3 weeks ago, was just wondering if anyone got confirmation to say all had been recieved ok?

Hello mate,

I haven’t had any confirmation, but I have had TFL call & email my current employers for references!!

bit awkward as I haven’t mentioned anything to them yet!!

Corner

Hello mate,

I haven’t had any confirmation, but I have had TFL call & email my current employers for references!!

bit awkward as I haven’t mentioned anything to them yet!!

That's a fun one to explain away :| hopefully means a start date won't be far off for you.

You had any word about a medical yet?

I know it could be 6 months (even 12) for a start date, would just be nice to know how far along the process I was.

This is all just impatientence from me though, want to start now :p

Judders

If you ring them up you can ask where you are in the queue for starting, you’ll be given what number you are.

when I rang last week about what was happening they said to me there is a delay in medical spaces and they are waiting for them to become available, not completely sure on a time frame as of yet

Rob88

That's a fun one to explain away :| hopefully means a start date won't be far off for you.

You had any word about a medical yet?

I know it could be 6 months (even 12) for a start date, would just be nice to know how far along the process I was.

This is all just impatientence from me though, want to start now :p

Haven’t heard anything yet mate, think it could still be a couple of months?

Rob88

If you ring them up you can ask where you are in the queue for starting, you’ll be given what number you are.

when I rang last week about what was happening they said to me there is a delay in medical spaces and they are waiting for them to become available, not completely sure on a time frame as of yet

Cool, will give them a call tomorrow to see whereabouts I am.

Woodsy93

Hi guys and girls,

I have to say as others have already mentioned, the interview questions don't match what the advert would lead you to believe. Electrical was fairly straightforward IMO but some of the mechanical questions would require you to be clued up within the motor trade or some type of engineering role prior.

I did pass the assessment but I believe only because I have an electrical and mechanical background otherwise I would of fluffed it.

Hopefully they adjust the process in future so as to not waste everybody's time!

P.s. has anybody been given a start date or booked a medical examination yet?

Rob88

Geez!!! Did they give you any info on potential start dates?
No nothing mate, just said when jobs become available they will offer them out in to whoever’s next on the list.

Obviously if you don’t accept the depot they offer you then you go to bottom of the list.

ideally I’d like a depot closest to home but will just have to accept what I’m offered.

Corner

Nothing yet, likewise I think training is going to slowed/ shut down.

I'm holding off calling recruitment to late next month, which was my original plan before the pandemic started.
My notice period goes up by a factor of 6 in May so was looking at handing it in early if I was high up on the list (unlikely to be possible now)

I'll message back if I hear anything.

Take care all, stay safe

Judders

When I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago when this was all starting, they said all still going ahead but maybe a delay. they would let people know if anything changes further

Corner

When I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago when this was all starting, they said all still going ahead but maybe a delay. they would let people know if anything changes further

I spoke to them the other day and basically got told the same. Things had been put on pause and they will be in contact when they're in a position to move forward.

Hopefully things get back to normal soon enough, and they still need new maintainers after.

This thread could be worth following aswell.

EDN25

I’ve got my medical tomorrow, but they can’t give any indication on start date due to COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.