• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train named in memory of Dave Gunson, guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyPJG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...rains-honour-guard-with-train-named-after-him

South West Trains honour guard with train named after him
A train has been named in honour of a South West Trains guard who died just before Christmas.

It is believed to be the first time a train has been named after a guard after colleagues wanted to pay tribute to Dave Gunson from Tidworth, Wiltshire.

Mr Gunson, a father of three and grandfather of nine, died aged 65 after being hit by a car as her cycled to work. He had worked as a guard for 20 years and had been based in Basingstoke.

The train was unveiled at a ceremony in Woking, attended by Mr Gunson's wife of 35 years, Chrystine, who said Mr Gunson had never held a driving licence and cycled everywhere.

A 23-year-old man was charged with causing death by dangerous driving following Mr Gunson's death.

(Did a forum search but no thread thrown up)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Yeah 450127...I'd been looking for the train for ages. and I took Dave Gunson out for a spin.

Last edited:

Monty

Established Member
Yeah 450127...I'd been looking for thr train for ages. and I took Dave Gunson out for a spin.

Had Gunner, keep me company on my shift last week. I do hope the name is retrained when 127 is refurbished in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.