• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train sim 13 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry42

OK...

I have subscribed to around 5 routes (free from the market stall.) One is FGW mainline 166, both of which are default on the system when I brought it. I go onto where all workshop driving scenarios are listed and it loads with its picture slideshow then comes up with error: failed to load then a list of lots of objects.

The train is in the background in the station and I can see around.

I have 3 options: 'edit' which takes me to editor mode and don't to ote, or exit which takes me to: 0 out of 0 platforms collected, 0 speeding etc. (the report.) Then of course you go back to the main menu.

This is on train sim 2013. My operating system is windows 8 and every other aspect of the game is working correctly.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Harry

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ModernRailways

Established Member
When you get the pop up error message hit the 'ESC' key. That should work for you, if not let us know.

harry42

Unfortunately it didn't.

'Scenario failed to load.'
Consist builder-class 170 etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for your help.

Any other ideas?!

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Ah, so it's not subscribed routes you are having a problem with, it's scenarios. :)

Which ones are specifically causing an issue?

harry42

All default sceanrios are walking.

The downloaded ones I am trying are:

- 166 Paddington - Reading stopper
- Back from Wales
- Any other downloaded one!!! :D

Darandio

Established Member
I cannot see a one named '166 Paddington - Reading stopper'

However, I do see 'Back From Wales' and it also has further requirements, namely the Class 67 Diamond Jubille Pack & London to Brighton. Do you have these requirements?

harry42

Nopee!!!

Do you know any free downloaded scenarios that only needs the very basics that you get with the game. ie GW main line, 43, 166 etc.

Darandio

Established Member
I'll have a search, but I do know one for certain, 'Burning The Midnight Oil' requires only the Great Western Main Line route and associated assets, HST, 166 etc. If you want that one, just search 'Midnight' on the workshop page, it should appear as one of the top results prefixed by [DPS]

I'll try and pick out others for you.

harry42

I'll have a search, but I do know one for certain, 'Burning The Midnight Oil' requires only the Great Western Main Line route and associated assets, HST, 166 etc.

I'll try and pick out others for you.

Thankyou very much!!!

Darandio

Established Member
Thankyou very much!!!

No worries. I knew what it required as it's one of mine. At 2500 subscribers and a 5 star rating, it's apparently quite good too. :D

Also, just to clarify, you only have TS with the original base routes, ECML (Newcastle to York), GWML (Oxford to Paddington) etc. No further purchases?

Last edited:

harry42

No worries. I knew what it required as it's one of mine. At 2500 subscribers and a 5 star rating, it's apparently quite good too. :D

Yup that works thankyou :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Also, just to clarify, you only have TS with the original base routes, ECML (Newcastle to York), GWML (Oxford to Paddington) etc. No further purchases?

No, only got it a few days ago! Just the above.

Darandio

Established Member
OK.

There is also a page from my website that has various scenarios to download and they require no purchases. However, they require manual installation and will require the download of selected reskins. It's entirely up to you as a new user whether you feel comfortable with installing new content.

harry42

OK.

There is also a page from my website that has various scenarios to download and they require no purchases. However, they require manual installation and will require the download of selected reskins. It's entirely up to you as a new user whether you feel comfortable with installing new content.

Looks like really good routes there! I am really struggling with the build section on TS2013 so I think Ill stick with the trainz builder! Driving I think is much better, but don't like the sounds...
HERE is a link I have attached for a question:

Would that free download be compatible with train sim 2013?

Darandio

Established Member
Plenty of sites Harry.

The site you mentioned above has a large number of free downloads. The one you linked to was from MSTS, but for TS2013, you are able to look through the library at the downloads sections for Rail Simulator, Railworks & Train Simulator 2013, all content should be compatible.

I suppose in order to help you out further, it's better to know exactly what you want. Routes? Locomotives? Multiple Units? Scenarios?

harry42

Plenty of sites Harry.

The site you mentioned above has a large number of free downloads. The one you linked to was from MSTS, but for TS2013, you are able to look through the library at the downloads sections for Rail Simulator, Railworks & Train Simulator 2013, all content should be compatible.

I suppose in order to help you out further, it's better to know exactly what you want. Routes? Locomotives? Multiple Units? Scenarios?

Multiple units ie 150, 153, 156, 158 and routes in the east midlands :)

Maybe I should expand...something that doesn't require any add-ons, where can I get free routes from?

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Multiple units ie 150, 153, 156, 158 and routes in the east midlands :)

Maybe I should expand...something that doesn't require any add-ons, where can I get free routes from?

Unfortunately, none of that Sprinter family you have listed are available for free. However, there are plenty of other free stock items, routes & scenarios.

I'm currently putting together a new freeware database to help users such as yourself, but this will be a big undertaking. I hope to have something available to kick things off later today. I'll post the link when done.
OK, I've made a start on a database of downloadable free items that require nothing more than the original default stock.

Bear in mind that this will be ongoing and expanded, I've only scratched the very surface on what is available out there, it's much more than people think.

Scenarios: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbscenarios.html

Routes: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbroutes.html

Rolling Stock: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbstock.html

harry42

Unfortunately, none of that Sprinter family you have listed are available for free. However, there are plenty of other free stock items, routes & scenarios.

I'm currently putting together a new freeware database to help users such as yourself, but this will be a big undertaking. I hope to have something available to kick things off later today. I'll post the link when done.
OK, I've made a start on a database of downloadable free items that require nothing more than the original default stock.

Bear in mind that this will be ongoing and expanded, I've only scratched the very surface on what is available out there, it's much more than people think.

Scenarios: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbscenarios.html

Routes: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbroutes.html

Rolling Stock: http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/freewaredbstock.html

Hey, some nice things there. Thanks for your help. So all I have to do is register and click download?

Darandio

Established Member
Well, for the ones at UKTrainsim, you will need to register and if you aren't willing to pay for a premium membership, you'll have to go into a download queue. Beware, this can take a while especially in the evenings.

Once you download, any content will have to be installed manually and will usually be provided in the game package format, .rwp or formerly .rpk. The Train Simulator 2014 user manual will have a section telling you how to do this, even a simple Google Search will throw up several guides.

In reality, it's a simple process to open the Package Manager and install a file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.