• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lm2606

Are there any routes on TS2013 that have loads of stations close together ideal for slow, stopping services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon91

London to Brighton is pretty good for this, comes with the Class 377 which is one of the better EMUs RSC has produced.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Paddington-Oxford has a few, though there are a few patches of longer distances, also, the Glasgow area on WCML North has quite a few stations.

Lm2606

Paddington-Oxford has a few, though there are a few patches of longer distances, also, the Glasgow area on WCML North has quite a few stations.

When I select the route i'm always routed onto the fast line... (Paddington-Oxford)

Last edited:

jon91

That's the joys of the early Quick Drive implementation, fortunately they've changed it for GEML so you can travel by the fast lines wherever possible, so Ipswich has two quick drive destinations, one labelled Ipswich fast and the other just labelled Ipswich.

That's the joys of the early Quick Drive implementation, fortunately they've changed it for GEML so you can travel by the fast lines wherever possible, so Ipswich has two quick drive destinations, one labelled Ipswich fast and the other just labelled Ipswich.

Can you get the GEML route for train sim 2013?, would be cool if you can

jon91

RSC have just released the London-Ipswich section today, which combined with the release of the Class 90/Mk3 DVT yesterday has scuppered my plans for the weekend...

welshjpc

I'm new to this train sim malarkey, as it didn't come with an instruction manual I'm making it up as I go along. What is the best way to slow down at stations? I'm throwing it into neutral and braking at about 40% over 3/4 mile or so, it ensures comfort but I am always late.

What is the proper way of doing it?

Cheers.

Crossover

Established Member
You don't need to put it into neutral - in fact, some stock won't allow you to do so while on the move.

As for braking, it depends on the stock really. Something like a Pendolino will take a while to stop, and possibly at a higher %age, whereas commuter stock like the 377 brakes much more quickly. The Isle of Wight trains stop on a sixpence!

jon91

Practice really, it can be a bit tricky at first but you'll need to put in the time to get used to a route. Eventually you'll start identifying the ideal braking points, I personally prefer London to Brighton as there is a lot of unique scenery to use as a marker to initiate braking for particular stations.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing time as in reality you'll never have to operate as the game asks i.e. max speed all of the time and then throwing in the lot as fast as possible to stop. :D

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
I'm new to this train sim malarkey, as it didn't come with an instruction manual I'm making it up as I go along. What is the best way to slow down at stations? I'm throwing it into neutral and braking at about 40% over 3/4 mile or so, it ensures comfort but I am always late.

What is the proper way of doing it?

Cheers.

Um, it does come with manuals. In the "Manuals" folder. And as you add stock and routes you will end up with a ton of them.

Lockwood

I was going past Farnborough in a slam door on this, when I saw a car ahead on a level crossing.
I sounded a the horn and whacked the brakes into emergency.
That car cleared the crossing, but then a police car drove out in front of me which I "hit" (drove straight through).
Whilst sat across the crossing several other cars drove straight through me (I guess the road wasn't connected to the crossing, so the road traffic was being unaffected, and they didn't put in collision detection with the road traffic entities)

I got a terrible report at the end of that game.
Major time loss
Unnecessary use of horn
Emergency brake application

bairy

The cars and people aren't collision detected. I've seen people walk through walls and steps and float off the platform edge. I've also had my train go straight through the side of a misplaced tunnel and huge shrubs on the line.

Perhaps a future release will address the darker side like crossing runners or one unders but for now they're just there for show.

Darandio

Established Member
Yes. But are you a pre TS2013 user, or did you only start after 2013? I only ask because many early routes were created using Kuju assets which are now not part of the core package.

Lm2606

Yes. But are you a pre TS2013 user, or did you only start after 2013? I only ask because many early routes were created using Kuju assets which are now not part of the core package.
I am a pre-2013 user. I purchased Railworks

Last edited:

Lockwood

Perhaps a future release will address the darker side like crossing runners or one unders but for now they're just there for show.

Or just tie the road entities into the crossings properly - usually the gates down make the cars stop

Darandio

Established Member
I am a pre-2013 user. I purchased Railworks

In that case, you could start by looking through these. All require nothing more than what you already have as a pre-2013 user. You may also require the asset pack from here: http://www.dereksiddle.com/2.html

http://www.uktrainsim.com/rbchallenge/one.php

http://www.uktrainsim.com/rbchallenge/two.php

It's worth asking though, do you have any payware routes at all? As even just having a solitary one can often open up several new routes.

harry42

Im new to this train sim thing (railworks 2.) And if I want to get another route I click on buy and it takes me to steam. So say I want a 10 min Upminster one. I click on that and click download and nothing happens.

What happens?
Are they free?

jnjkerbin

On Steam, you need to click the green "Subscribe" button on the scenario you want. This is then downloaded so when you open the game, it should be there.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I have subscibed to a few scenarios. I go to the Workshop Subscriptions screen in-game, select the scenario and click next, nothing happens. just a blank screen.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'm not sure. In the menu under "Required DLC" it lists nothing. But when I load the scenario it errors with lots of computer code saying I'm missing stuff. Its very annoying. Any DLC should be listed in the menu.

Last edited:

Kristofferson

Not all scenarios are well-built - some are untested, some have errors... I go by the reviews before downloading personally :)

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
Not all scenarios are well-built - some are untested, some have errors... I go by the reviews before downloading personally :)

On a new note, does anyone know if the Sheerness branch line will be released separately, for those of us who previously bought London-Faversham before the TS2014 release?

It's out now for £1.99. Don't you keep on eye on their FB page? It's all announced there.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*£11.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.