• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver (Northern) York

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

feaky4

I applied for York and got an instant rejection which I found strange

feaky4

could it have been distance from York?
Shouldn’t be I live 35 mins from York and 30 from hull applied to both in last few weeks and as soon as I got that email to say they have my application I got another one about 10 mins after to say soz bye, never happened before, usually rejected about 2 months down the line, only difference now is I did my psychometric tests with a different company but passed all to enhanced but that shouldn’t be an issue?

HC1891

Hi. Has anyone applied for York (closing date 3rd December) and heard anything back?
Hi Mate,

Applied for this one and had an email saying that my application was ‘being screened by the recruitment team’ just after the closing date.

Then had the same email again about a week ago.

The only changes on the portal have been the status going from ‘application under consideration’ to ‘application under review’.

Just a matter of playing the waiting game and hoping for the best at this point I guess!

Crenshaw1968

Hi Mate,

Applied for this one and had an email saying that my application was ‘being screened by the recruitment team’ just after the closing date.

Then had the same email again about a week ago.

The only changes on the portal have been the status going from ‘application under consideration’ to ‘application under review’.

Just a matter of playing the waiting game and hoping for the best at this point I guess!
Hi. I had the same as you. No news is good news (hopefully)

Butch1990

I've heard back but only a week or so ago. I've got an interview mid April time. Any tips would be much appreciated for anyone who has gone through this before. And hope the best for your own interviews.

HC1891

I've heard back but only a week or so ago. I've got an interview mid April time. Any tips would be much appreciated for anyone who has gone through this before. And hope the best for your own interviews.
Hi Mate,

I got an email about a week ago and have been invited for an interview in a few weeks time too.

Wishing you all the best!

Crenshaw1968

I’ve got my interview in April. Good luck to everyone. Worried as it’s my first interview in 15 years.