• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver vacancies DBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junior_7178

Yes, unless I have missed a huge section somehow. I'm not hopeful because the only thing I can see they could sift from is last 3 job types; and mine are nowhere near the stated ones they say they are asking for

Off the top of my head they could sift from distance to depot, last 3 jobs, qualifications and ability to follow instructions (ie. people not using pdf. or the word docs they specified).

Deltic Dan

Hi,

When I applied last September 2013 I put down Doncaster and Immingham.

I was unsuccessful at Doncaster but never heard anything about Immingham so was wondering if any of you got an interview for Immingham or even the vacancies there.

Cheers Dan

craig33

HI Guys. Just finished all my stages. I applied for Bescot or Saltly and offered the job of driver operator at Bescot. Start at the end of this month. Very happy man

banku

HI Guys. Just finished all my stages. I applied for Bescot or Saltly and offered the job of driver operator at Bescot. Start at the end of this month. Very happy man

When did you apply for the job ??? Last year or in last couple of months?

craig33

Hi yes the 28th is my start date. Not been told where I'm training yet. Just waiting to hear

mr double 77

Good luck when you start, I was 9th October for peak Forrest, but has been changed too 29th sept in Nottingham can't wait, still wish it was sooner

dapc

Ah thanks Rugi. I've heard a couple different locations and Toton was one on the list.

Thanks again!

craig33

Cool, see you there then! Where ever there is :D
Are you starting with DB aswell? Are you mainline or operator? Only a few weeks away now, nervous but really looking forward to it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have it on good authority that it will be Toton, but things can always change on the railway. Congratulations and Welcome.

Thanks Rugi, looking at the possible locations I think that's my closest except Manchester which I could commute on the train to.

dapc

Yes im starting with DB and going for Mainline. Im counting my days down, 10 working days left for me. I only have 1 day off between jobs :( I used a little too much A/L already this year, I even owe money which is a worse feeling.

cabbage

Yes im starting with DB and going for Mainline. Im counting my days down, 10 working days left for me. I only have 1 day off between jobs :( I used a little too much A/L already this year, I even owe money which is a worse feeling.

I'm really hoping I'm successful with this intake - if the starting date is January I can have thewwhole of December off with 19 days of it paid if I don't use up my lieu days before then.

Wishful thinking I know! :)

craig33

Pretty muc. Identical to me. 10 shifts left and one day off before I start. Well I did owe them time but turns out they made a mistake after I'd already started making back days so now I'm in credit but will just get paid for it. Good job in getting the mainline role :). Also counting down the days, really don't know what to expect but that's a good thing. Will be different from the police I know that much. :)

Will.C

Hi all, is there anyone else who's starting on the 4th of August?? From what I've been told the last few bits of paper work should be sent out next week?
Can't wait to start, I've only got 6 shifts left in my current job and then a nice 2 weeks off before I start with DB.

Congrats to everyone who's soon to be starting their training and good luck to those who have just applied :)

dapc

Pretty muc. Identical to me. 10 shifts left and one day off before I start. Well I did owe them time but turns out they made a mistake after I'd already started making back days so now I'm in credit but will just get paid for it. Good job in getting the mainline role :). Also counting down the days, really don't know what to expect but that's a good thing. Will be different from the police I know that much. :)

Lucky for you being in credit! It works out to be around £400 out of my pay packet. Time to do abit of OT for me. Thanks mate! Ooo the police, we may have good convo then. Im ex police and defiently the railway is abit different, but working with rules and procedures should be in your favour.

Will, they must have two courses going on at the same time and your very very lucky to have some time off. I was hoping for another holiday before over a year of training!

craig33

I think for the operator role my training lasts until October but I may be wrong. Yeah hopefully a lot of the qualities involved in the police will become useful in this role. A complete different change and lots of jealous colleagues :). Look forward to meeting you.

Bigbadkeith

Yes, unless I have missed a huge section somehow. I'm not hopeful because the only thing I can see they could sift from is last 3 job types; and mine are nowhere near the stated ones they say they are asking for

I wouldn't worry too much, I applied for a drivers role living within 10mins of the depot, working locally on the railway and when I went for tests I was told I got the best scores they had seen for a while. None of this helped me as I didn't get offered a job in the end, makes you wonder what they truely look for to make the final decisions.:-?

Kukua

I take it no one has received a reply from DBS?

Does anyone know when we will be getting them?

junior_7178

I take it no one has received a reply from DBS?

Does anyone know when we will be getting them?

I'm sure it said something along the lines of "many/several months" in the confirmation email. It's only a few weeks since the application deadline.

Kukua

I'm sure it said something along the lines of "many/several months" in the confirmation email. It's only a few weeks since the application deadline.

...i know that, i read the same email.

Someone mentioned that the assessments were starting in september thats y im asking.

Grafter

This is the reply that I received:

Dear 'Grafter'

Many thanks for your application for our Trainee Driver Vacancy positions in 2015.

I am pleased to acknowledge safe receipt.

We consider each application individually and will reply to you in due course. We will either write inviting you for a Train Driver Assessment or to explain that we are unable to take your application any further. If we have any specific questions we will also contact you.

Past experience shows that we receive approximately 30 Applications for each vacancy, so as you can imagine this takes a considerable time to process. It is likely you may not hear from us for several months following this acknowledgement. Please be reassured you will be progressing through our recruitment process and still being considered as part of our 2015 intake.

Kind regards,

debadzuk79

Ive messed it up as i went too quickly and failed the Group Bourdon Test with Freightliner.

Now got to wait till December before i can resit that test. Others were fine. Gutted but good luck to all applying. I will have to wait for 2015 intake now (if there are any) before reapplying.

benno79

Sorry to hear that mate, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and nail it in six months.

Cerebral

Sorry to hear that debadzuk79, they did state before that it seems to be GBT that catches the most out of the paper tests. You do get another shot at it so all is not lost yet!

Chin up and get some GBT papers printed off and get some practice in before December, best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.