• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee T&W Metro Driver Jobs

magpiepotts

Just done my VSE and M7 as well. The M7 is anyone's guess, really don't like doing them and the VSE was a little different to what I practiced, couldn't find any real pattern on part 2 and the train round a track had the addition of 2 trains on a track. I definitely missed 4 or 5 on the 3rd part for matching symbols and did notice the 2nd train on the track at one point but didn't hit the button in time. Just hope that was the only '2nd train' I missed and managed the rest ok ish. Definitely didn't do as well as I did on my practice materials and now it's just a waiting game. Definitely kicking myself as I done great on the practice stuff I paid for!

I wonder how many people Nexus are looking for and how many applied as the advert stated 1000 but it went all the way to the 9th didn't it? Wonder when we'll find out, hopefully before Wednesday but I imagine they will wait to see how everyone done and then allocate the assessment centre accordingly.

Good luck to everyone who tried.
I missed a few also. Thinking the email from nexus shouldn't take too long to the successful few as the next stage starts in a couple of weeks

Just done my VSE and M7 as well. The M7 is anyone's guess, really don't like doing them and the VSE was a little different to what I practiced, couldn't find any real pattern on part 2 and the train round a track had the addition of 2 trains on a track. I definitely missed 4 or 5 on the 3rd part for matching symbols and did notice the 2nd train on the track at one point but didn't hit the button in time. Just hope that was the only '2nd train' I missed and managed the rest ok ish. Definitely didn't do as well as I did on my practice materials and now it's just a waiting game. Definitely kicking myself as I done great on the practice stuff I paid for!

I wonder how many people Nexus are looking for and how many applied as the advert stated 1000 but it went all the way to the 9th didn't it? Wonder when we'll find out, hopefully before Wednesday but I imagine they will wait to see how everyone done and then allocate the assessment centre accordingly.

Was it on the 1st lot for the second train on the track as I can't recall seeing any. I did on the 3rd lot

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StuM

I missed a few also. Thinking the email from nexus shouldn't take too long to the successful few as the next stage starts in a couple of weeks

Was it on the 1st lot for the second train on the track as I can't recall seeing any. I did on the 3rd lot
Nothing on 1st lot, that was the same errors every time for me! Seen the 2nd train on 3rd lot when they finally changed up the errors on the track after around stop 100 or so.

magpiepotts

Nothing on 1st lot, that was the same errors every time for me! Seen the 2nd train on 3rd lot when they finally changed up the errors on the track after around stop 100 or so.
Yeah that happened to me. The same errors on the 1st lot. I thought that there was something wrong at first as it kept on continuing. Fingers crossed we got through to the next stage

StuM

Yeah that happened to me. The same errors on the 1st lot. I thought that there was something wrong at first as it kept on continuing. Fingers crossed we got through to the next stage
Yes mate, fingers crossed for the few lads on here and hopefully some of us get to meet at the next stage, and from there as trainee's

magpiepotts

Yes mate, fingers crossed for the few lads on here and hopefully some of us get to meet at the next stage, and from there as trainee's
Totally agree with you. I am currently based in rugby at the moment but we are looking at moving back to Newcastle within the next 2 years. I currently work as a senior conductor for West midlands trains so hopefully can continue to stay on the railways

MrE26

I just got done with the M7 & VSE. Can’t say I’m confident about the VSE at all, I made a couple of misclicks in round 2. I think I managed to hit most of the primary task in round 3, the symbols caught me out a few times though. The practice materials were nothing like the actual tests at all! Fingers crossed though!

magpiepotts

I just got done with the M7 & VSE. Can’t say I’m confident about the VSE at all, I made a couple of misclicks in round 2. I think I managed to hit most of the primary task in round 3, the symbols caught me out a few times though. The practice materials were nothing like the actual tests at all! Fingers crossed though!
Same here. Fingers crossed

5hunter

Just a quick update to applications etc.

I contacted OPC as Nexus couldn't help. The OPC have told me that my application is still in processing and they are working through them.

So there's still hope of anyone hasn't had any correspondence yet.

dmarshall3

I did both my test also. When you had click the error button whenever there was an error the same errors repeated there selves for at least 10 loops of the track, is this normal.

Last edited:

magpiepotts

I did both my test also. When you had click the error button whenever there was an error the same errors repeated there selves for at least 10 loops of the track, is this normal.
This happened to me also. It seems that this does happen. I did wonder whether there was a problem with it at first

magpiepotts

I’ve just heard back, through to paper tests next week!
Well done. I'm not feeling too optimistic about getting through to the next stage

I've just had an email inviting me to the next stage also. Woohoo

Last edited:

Driver068

Are these additional tests set out by NEXUS before you do the tests set by the OPC in Doncaster along with the MMI or is it the same but done differently by NEXUS

StuM

Congratulations @MrE26 and @magpiepotts, I just heard as well and got through! Chuffed to bits at getting this far!

When are your assessment days? I'm at the Nexus Learning Centre next Tuesday at 1pm in Shields.

magpiepotts

Congratulations @MrE26 and @magpiepotts, I just heard as well and got through! Chuffed to bits at getting this far!

When are your assessment days? I'm at the Nexus Learning Centre next Tuesday at 1pm in Shields.
Congratulations also buddy. Yeah I'm there that day also. Although it's a bit of a drive for me as I live in rugby at the moment.

Mr Heckles

Not sure what the time limit is for Morrisons, if you're there all day (which is what you hope) then you'll be better off parking on the side of the road (mile end road) don't want to come back to a parking ticket!

18nufc98

Well done ! I haven’t received nothing so this looks like the end of the line for me. Struggled with the VSE towards the end. Good luck for next week !

magpiepotts

Well done ! I haven’t received nothing so this looks like the end of the line for me. Struggled with the VSE towards the end. Good luck for next week !
They might be sending emails out in order of assessments. So you still may receive an invite soon. Fingers crossed

StuM

Don't give up hope mate, theirs 3 weeks worth of assessment centre testing so you may get some good news.

ForTheCoast

Well done to those who got through to the next round. Re: comments on how they are allocating assessment days and whether got through, I did my 2nd round of OPC tests at home on Sunday (I had until today but have been working). Did those of you who got through do your tests much earlier?

magpiepotts

Well done to those who got through to the next round. Re: comments on how they are allocating assessment days and whether got through, I did my 2nd round of OPC tests at home on Sunday (I had until today but have been working). Did those of you who got through do your tests much earlier?
I completed my tests on Sunday.