• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

That would be ideal! Lol. Don't get me wrong it's an industry that I would love working in and a career I've been hoping for, for a while. But like I said salary is main incentive. Everyone wants to put a roof over their families head and food on the table. If I don't get it then I won't stop trying and I wish all the best for those who get it and say congratulations to them.

I'm already a driver and id be lying through my teeth if I said it wasn't all about the money.

Unless you are a train nerd then most of the chat round the messrooms involves overtime/money/annual leave.

You don't have to justify yourself on here.

FManc

I take it whether you sit the tests at Watford or Doncaster you'll be sitting exactly the same tests as you would at the other location?

Can anyone remember when the test dates were in February? I can't for the life of me remember when they were.

Last edited:

singo

Hi Singo, what date did you do the assessments....I'm still waiting for a yes or no

York on the 24th.

I gave it my best but those 'group exercises' are my worst nightmare. I get involved but it all feels fake and by my nature, I can't go in and spout corporate bull**** trying to be what I think they're looking for, neither can I be a wallflower.

Last edited:

Gemz91

Just had the rejection email. Took me nine hours to get home after the interview too after disruption on the East Coast Mainline, which included an hours walk home after missing the last bus. Never mind though.

Last edited:

Davysera

It's all about the money for me and those benefits. Some people just talk as if the HR department are going to hire a private investigator to find out who they are.

Wow the amazing new Azuma drivers?!?
Is that the new proud generation of Virgin train drivers?
Better change you attitude, the game is not over...!

KOA

Anyone heard who attended Kings Cross 17th Jan A.M. Session. I was sure they said we would hear by the end of play today ( successful or not)?

I was there on that day and I have heard back from them on Wednesday stating that I'm through to the tests.

Ashxmufcx

Just had the rejection email. Took me nine hours to get home after the interview too after disruption on the East Coast Mainline, which included an hours walk home after missing the last bus. Never mind though.

Did you get stuck at Northallerton by any chance?! I was on that train...nightmare

Gemz91

Did you get stuck at Northallerton by any chance?! I was on that train...nightmare

Thats the one. Ended up getting off the train at Northallerton by the guards local door and found a rail replacement bus in the car park to York. Can understand why this wasn't announced, a train load of passengers scrapping over the last ten available seats on the coach wouldn't have been fun.

Kaltias

Has anyone heard regarding dates for the tests yet? The email I received told me I'd get dates by the end of the week there...

Ashxmufcx

Thats the one. Ended up getting off the train at Northallerton by the guards local door and found a rail replacement bus in the car park to York. Can understand why this wasn't announced, a train load of passengers scrapping over the last ten available seats on the coach wouldn't have been fun.

haha I ended up sharing a taxi with a few others to York...living the dream

csf92

I still haven't heard back yet, I attended the afternoon session at King's Cross on the 17th Jan. I've checking my inbox and junk mail every 5 mins since the assessment day.

Gaz1979

I still haven't heard back yet, I attended the afternoon session at King's Cross on the 17th Jan. I've checking my inbox and junk mail every 5 mins since the assessment day.
I was on the 17th but heard nothing as of yet. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to whether you were successful or not. Just wait and see next week

Davidson4301

Are u a driver

I drive Tyne and Wear metro.
If you're not familiar it's a electric light rail system so I'm
Not main line qualified although I do drive on sections of network rail infrastructure. It's similar to London Underground / overground but in a smaller scale .

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

Anyone else waiting for VTEC to confirm previous testing passes?

The recruitment person who contacted me seems to have gone quiet...

Kaltias

I've dropped them an email as I'm a bit worried I haven't received a date for the psychometrics yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.