• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rails1

hi there....just sifting through this thread and hoping to pick your brains as have these tests next week and beginning to stress....

Are the memory test pictures 'busy'? what I mean by that is is there loads of things to look at and take in? Do they come up for a second or two seconds? are all the items in focus?

Ref the 2Hand, are all the shapes curved in shape? Or box like? reason I ask is that it would be quite tricky moving a ball around a curved shape? Is it ok to go out the lines? How many times would you get away with this? I take it its important to be rapid?

Is there a WCT test? I got the practice pack with this in it but see much about this on here or anywhere else?

MMI? Im glad to hear that the woman was encouraging, this worries me the most. Is it acceptable to use all examples from the work place? or is it wise to use personal life? or do you think it even matters?

Any tips would be great... thanks

The ATAVT - the images lasts up to a sec and some of them are busy and some less busy, you get a good mixutre. I dont think everyone goes through the same images. Think they will a good bunch and candidates gets random ones out of the bunch. you can take enough time in between images for your answer and to focus again before the next image.

2Hand - both straight box sections and curved sections as well. Same shape 10 times however you do get to practice the same shape twice before you start the actual test. Key is "speed and accuracy", this is repeated a lot during the day. you hear a tone through your headphones when you go out of the track.

No WCT for us on our day. :)

MMI - was told you could use all examples from work and thats fine.

Be prepared but no point in stressing out. Use that energy positively for mind and thoughts. Good luck :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

danyurl

The ATAVT - the images lasts up to a sec and some of them are busy and some less busy, you get a good mixutre. I dont think everyone goes through the same images. Think they will a good bunch and candidates gets random ones out of the bunch. you can take enough time in between images for your answer and to focus again before the next image.

2Hand - both straight box sections and curved sections as well. Same shape 10 times however you do get to practice the same shape twice before you start the actual test. Key is "speed and accuracy", this is repeated a lot during the day. you hear a tone through your headphones when you go out of the track.

No WCT for us on our day. :)

MMI - was told you could use all examples from work and thats fine.

Be prepared but no point in stressing out. Use that energy positively for mind and thoughts. Good luck :)
Pretty much sums it up for me. Must admit I thought I had failed the 2 handed joystick test because it felt like I went out the lines a LOT! Guess it's how you deal with this and get back on track.

KOA

Has anyone received their trains tickets for Keep in touch eveni on 18th April?

FManc

Just out of interest how long did it take people to hear back whether they'd passed/failed their pyschometric testing?

KOA

If you haven't received your train tickets for the Keep in touch event next week Tuesday, I would advise an email reminder to Erin especially as it's a shorter working week.

Peppajug78

If you haven't received your train tickets for the Keep in touch event next week Tuesday, I would advise an email reminder to Erin especially as it's a shorter working week.

Does anyone know if we get the priv card whilst training in York. I hope so or else my travel will cost me £150 per week.

LETHLFH

I would expect VTEC to provide transport from your Home Depot station to York for the duration of your training most likely via there own trains with a staff pass.

Peppajug78

I would expect VTEC to provide transport from your Home Depot station to York for the duration of your training most likely via there own trains with a staff pass.

They do but my depot will be Leeds which is only 20 mins by train from York but to go by Virgin have to go via Doncaster which turns it into a 2 hour journey.

xtradj

From what I've been told VTEC have a relationship with Northern for staff to use their services whilst training. So you can use those services from Leeds to York

Ffcsteve14

Hi all.

Has anybody heard anything RE contracts/official offers yet? Been 7 weeks since I was given a start date and still nothing.

I know we have this event coming up but I cannot attend as unable
To get AL. I emailed asking if email will be sent with any information that may come from the event for people that cannot go and obviously didn't get a reply.

Thanks

CJM

Hi all.

Has anybody heard anything RE contracts/official offers yet? Been 7 weeks since I was given a start date and still nothing.

I know we have this event coming up but I cannot attend as unable
To get AL. I emailed asking if email will be sent with any information that may come from the event for people that cannot go and obviously didn't get a reply.

Thanks

I haven't received anything regarding a start date, just an email saying congratulations on passing your assessment etc. Then another email inviting me to the evening meet and greet. To date that is all I have received since passing last week.

Peppajug78

I haven't received anything regarding a start date, just an email saying congratulations on passing your assessment etc. Then another email inviting me to the evening meet and greet. To date that is all I have received since passing last week.[/QUOTEH

Have you had your medical yet. I had my medical 5 weeks ago and I am still awaiting a start date.

danyurl

I had my medical on the 14th March and still technically haven't had my drugs test result back but I got the invite to the event next week and I know I wouldn't have failed it anyway so I'm okay with it. Hopefully they might have some idea of start dates next Tuesday!

CJM

Oh - I've not had an notification of a medical. Tuesday will be interesting to find out the current status.

FManc

Oh wow after a very anxious week waiting to find out the results of my psychometric tests I just got an email to say I passed it all! :D :D I was honestly expecting bad news as most people had found out in a matter of days.

Just a quick qtn for everyone. At what stage after getting the congrats email did people find out what depot they had got? My circumstances have slightly changed (not massively) since filling out the preference form for depots!

danyurl

Oh wow after a very anxious week waiting to find out the results of my psychometric tests I just got an email to say I passed it all! :D :D I was honestly expecting bad news as most people had found out in a matter of days.

Just a quick qtn for everyone. At what stage after getting the congrats email did people find out what depot they had got? My circumstances have slightly changed (not massively) since filling out the preference form for depots!

Well done pal, greats news!

I've had no mention of my depot but I applied for Newcastle and heard nothing to say I can't have that one.

Rails1

Congrats mate. I have found out today as well and I have passed :) Absolutely over the moon. Was also expecting bad news as not heard from them but buzzing right now. :D:D

vintagegt

Congrats mate, great feeling isn't it? :D

I also haven't heard mention of depots yet but heard nothing to say I can't have the one I applied for so up to now all looks good.

All I can suggest is that if your circumstances have changed you should let VTEC know soon as poss so that they can hopefully accommodate and work around your change of circumstance.

Congrats again. :)

FManc

Well done pal, greats news!

I've had no mention of my depot but I applied for Newcastle and heard nothing to say I can't have that one.

Cheers mate! Am absolutely buzzing right now!

Congrats mate. I have found out today as well and I have passed :) Absolutely over the moon. Was also expecting bad news as not heard from them but buzzing right now. :D:D

Ah that's brilliant news mate! All that hard work on the day paid off in the end :D am chuffed for you!

Congrats mate, great feeling isn't it? :D

I also haven't heard mention of depots yet but heard nothing to say I can't have the one I applied for so up to now all looks good.

All I can suggest is that if your circumstances have changed you should let VTEC know soon as poss so that they can hopefully accommodate and work around your change of circumstance.

Congrats again. :)

Thanks very much mate! It's an absolutely amazing feeling especially when I had convinced myself I had failed haha. Yeah I definitely need to sit down with my OH and figure out where would be the best depot for us and let VTEC know ASAP. I'm hoping I get an invite to that keep in touch event and I'm able to tell them there and then.

vintagegt

Cheers mate! Am absolutely buzzing right now!

Ah that's brilliant news mate! All that hard work on the day paid off in the end :D am chuffed for you!

Thanks very much mate! It's an absolutely amazing feeling especially when I had convinced myself I had failed haha. Yeah I definitely need to sit down with my OH and figure out where would be the best depot for us and let VTEC know ASAP. I'm hoping I get an invite to that keep in touch event and I'm able to tell them there and then.

Well if you do I'll see you there next Tuesday! Should be an interesting evening and we will hopefully be able to have a good Q & A session and more clearly see what the road ahead holds with regard to time scales etc. Looking forward to meeting some of the others too. :)

LChristina27

Hi everyone

First time posting but I have been following.

Had my medical last Wednesday, was told everything is fine and got a call today to say I passed my drugs test.

I just wanted to find out if anyone else at the Kings Cross depot has got a start date and received their contract? Also, how long after the medical did you have to wait for your start dates?

I know one you already has it all,contract etc, just wanted to if there are any others at KX

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.