• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lucy

Good luck……don’t think anyone else for Liverpool has heard anything
It seems to be that way. It’s so strange, no idea how they’re doing it. I’m for Liverpool, refreshing my emails every single second ‍:s:s

Have you applied for liverpool too?

GLENMAYE77

It seems to be that way. It’s so strange, no idea how they’re doing it. I’m for Liverpool, refreshing my emails every single second ‍:s:s

Have you applied for liverpool too?
Not me but a family member has.

ST1995 did your DMI email come from Driver Recruitment again?

Railwayman44

I’m still waiting to hear for a DMI for Liverpool too, promising people are hearing back though, shouldn’t have anything to worry about though just a waiting game

Jordmurray23

I've read up on the stages of recruitment. Apologies to ask but to somebody who has no idea of how it works, could somebody explain them in novice terms to me

Ex2215

I've read up on the stages of recruitment. Apologies to ask but to somebody who has no idea of how it works, could somebody explain them in novice terms to me
If you get through the application stage you get sent a link to some tests, I think there were about 5 in the first set. I can't remember what they all were but I think one was some situational judgement scenarios where you had to tick which was the best answer out of a few choices.

The next stage was an online fault finding test (checking errors in patterns) and another situational judgement test call m7sjt which you can search for more info on this forum.

You then go on to stage 1 psychometrics which is all the written tests, if you pass this you get invited to take the stage 2 psychometrics which are computer based tests along with the competency based interview.

The final stage is the driver manager interview.

You can find all the details you need on psychometrics and interviews if you use the search function, there are plenty of threads. You get all the info sent to you prior to doing the psychometrics too so your not just going in blind.

Lucy

I’m still waiting to hear for a DMI for Liverpool too, promising people are hearing back though, shouldn’t have anything to worry about though just a waiting game
Indeed, you’re right. I’ll pop a comment on here when I do get anything though. At least keeping anyone in the loop

Jordmurray23

If you get through the application stage you get sent a link to some tests, I think there were about 5 in the first set. I can't remember what they all were but I think one was some situational judgement scenarios where you had to tick which was the best answer out of a few choices.

The next stage was an online fault finding test (checking errors in patterns) and another situational judgement test call m7sjt which you can search for more info on this forum.

You then go on to stage 1 psychometrics which is all the written tests, if you pass this you get invited to take the stage 2 psychometrics which are computer based tests along with the competency based interview.

The final stage is the driver manager interview.

You can find all the details you need on psychometrics and interviews if you use the search function, there are plenty of threads. You get all the info sent to you prior to doing the psychometrics too so your not just going in blind.
Thanks very much..that's very helpful

Does anyone have a copy or photo of avanti shift patterns for train drivers? I've looked everywhere on here but can't find anything.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ex2215

Thanks very much..that's very helpful

Does anyone have a copy or photo of avanti shift patterns for train drivers? I've looked everywhere on here but can't find anything.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-12-18-56-43-254_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-12-18-56-43-254_com.android.chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228

Brownbear187

Anyone else made the talent pool?
I understand there is a course running from March onwards, has anyone been offered a place on the next course after that?

Ex2215

Anyone else made the talent pool?
I understand there is a course running from March onwards, has anyone been offered a place on the next course after that?
I'm in the Manchester pool. They said they'd update us once all the interviews have been completed.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer, I think they did some more interviews on 3rd but there's still more to complete as far as I'm aware.

Shinigami

I'm in the Manchester pool. They said they'd update us once all the interviews have been completed.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer, I think they did some more interviews on 3rd but there's still more to complete as far as I'm aware.
It’s going to be a long while because I passed in early/middle December and still don’t even have a date for my interview. You guys in the talent pool shouldn’t expect to be out on until next year realistically

Ex2215

It’s going to be a long while because I passed in early/middle December and still don’t even have a date for my interview. You guys in the talent pool shouldn’t expect to be out on until next year realistically
They said it could be this year or next year when I had my interview. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Although someone from this recruitment drive is starting their training course this month for Euston and they did their psychometrics in December too so it's anyone's guess.