• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Shinigami

Evening,

Another here for the October course, looking forward to meeting others on it and hopefully everyone else still awaiting a date at a depot shortly after!
Congratulations on getting a course. When did you find out you passed your DMI?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FPL_FM

Thank you, it was 13th Feb for me. Are you on the October course too?
Seems like we all passed at the same time.. Get our medicals out the way an that's us set for October . Keep trying to ring for an update but never no answer

Shinigami

Thank you, it was 13th Feb for me. Are you on the October course too?
No I won’t be unfortunately, mine was a while after yours and I won’t be on a course until the new year. Looks like it’s being done in order which is nice. Well done again and good luck

Azzer88

Just got email saying I was successful after the VSE & M7 and they are waiting for future assessment days to become available. Liverpool applicant.

Chippychips

Sorry to ask.
Whats the driver salary for AWC? Is it still 67k?
I only ask this as their own recruitment page says earn circa 70k.
Just wondering if the original information is outdated and hasn't been updated since a 3% payrise or something.
Does anyone know?

Sawasdee

Sorry to ask.
Just wondering if the original information is outdated and hasn't been updated since a 3% payrise or something.
Does anyone know?
Think it's still 67 because no deal has been reached yet. Maybe the 70 is them taking into consideration the committed Sundays?

Jordan1991

Sorry to ask.
Does anyone know?
I’ve been wondering this, since northern have accepted 10%, does that mean only Tocs will follow suit?

Chippychips

Think it's still 67 because no deal has been reached yet. Maybe the 70 is them taking into consideration the committed Sundays?
Ahhh... perhaps! If it is this way of putting it, thats quite crafty, because on the one hand its advertised as a 35 hour week, but "not really".

Im suprised Avanti in particular haven't been able to agree a deal. They have so much bargaining power in regards to HS2 development and existing West Coast mainline.

You aren’t alone!! I’m waiting for one too since Jan!!! It’s craaaaaazy
Congratulations mate! Its nice to hear someone from Liverpool got onto a course, so far its just been people who applied for Euston as far as im aware!
You have just gave me some hope haha

Hi Lucy/ st1995 have you heard anything off them yet?

Ex2215

Ahhh... perhaps! If it is this way of putting it, thats quite crafty, because on the one hand its advertised as a 35 hour week, but "not really".

Im suprised Avanti in particular haven't been able to agree a deal. They have so much bargaining power in regards to HS2 development and existing West Coast mainline.
I thought circa meant approximately when reffering to salary so I would say £67k is circa £70k. But yes with commited Sundays I'm sure it will be £70k anyway, not that £3k would make a noticeable difference.

clarets2005

For anyone waiting on a course, best of luck. Our new sims are absolutely amazing.
Prepare for 12 weeks in a hotel in Crewe when you first start. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all catered for.

Ex2215

For anyone waiting on a course, best of luck. Our new sims are absolutely amazing.
Prepare for 12 weeks in a hotel in Crewe when you first start. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all catered for.
Wow sounds great!!! I was wondering if it would be catered, hopefully I'll manage to save some money :D Really can't wait to start my course.

clarets2005

Wow sounds great!!! I was wondering if it would be catered, hopefully I'll manage to save some money :D Really can't wait to start my course.

Yep, it's good. Breakfast is included in the room rate, then lunch is provided every day at the Talent Academy in Crewe, with £30 at dinner (in the hotel restaurant or expensed)
The hotel is decent and a shuttle service runs to and from the hotel / talent academy every morning and afternoon on weekdays.

I had my DMI 3rd march, just the waiting game to be booked on a course now,
Have you heard anything?
Thanks for getting back to me mate. Had an email in February saying they are arranging DMI's and they will be in touch with dates and times in the next few weeks. Ive heard nothing since, I emailed them to ask and I just got a blank auto response email back. When they contacted you for DMI dates was it via email or phone call?

Pdtraintrack

Thanks for getting back to me mate. Had an email in February saying they are arranging DMI's and they will be in touch with dates and times in the next few weeks. Ive heard nothing since, I emailed them to ask and I just got a blank auto response email back. When they contacted you for DMI dates was it via email or phone call?
DMI interview date was through email, so check your spam folder, mine went in there

BlackAdam

Congratulations to all who have passed. I was unsuccessful with my DMI does anyone know how long you wait till you can try again or just better to look elsewhere going forward?

Ex2215

Congratulations to all who have passed. I was unsuccessful with my DMI does anyone know how long you wait till you can try again or just better to look elsewhere going forward?
I believe it is 6 months. Not sure if that's from psychometrics or DMI.

BlackAdam

I believe it is 6 months. Not sure if that's from psychometrics or DMI.
Thanks for getting back to me. Phychometrics i wouldn't need to resit as I've passed all that (maybe MMI with other TOCs) . But yeah 6 months does sound realistic

pmc88

Yep, it's good. Breakfast is included in the room rate, then lunch is provided every day at the Talent Academy in Crewe, with £30 at dinner (in the hotel restaurant or expensed)
The hotel is decent and a shuttle service runs to and from the hotel / talent academy every morning and afternoon on weekdays.
Hi, has anyone been allowed to go home the odd night if they live close enough to Crewe, so long as they are back in time for morning class?? thanks

clarets2005

Hi, has anyone been allowed to go home the odd night if they live close enough to Crewe, so long as they are back in time for morning class?? thanks

I would think anyone can go home as and when they choose to, so long as they're appropriately rested and can get back up in good time.
Classes are usually a 09:30 start, and the Talent Academy's about 10 mins' walk from Crewe station, so easily doable.

DMI interview date was through email, so check your spam folder, mine went in there
Thanks for your reply, yes Ive been checking my spam because thats were there original email was saying they will be in touch towards the end of February. Had nothing since