• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

r8k

Ominously quiet in here. Has anyone heard back from their DMI? Or anyone who is still waiting for theirs heard anything as of yet?
Just a waiting game for me too. Had mine on Friday. Same. Checking emails a 100 times a day haha

Some guy

From what I've heard Preston is moving to Crewe , but I'm sure someone would confirm this
It doesn’t seem that way as preston are only just starting to route learn for the Manchester to stoke to Euston it seems unlikely they will close a depot down which is half way between London and Scotland

irish_rail

Established Member
From what I've heard Preston is moving to Crewe , but I'm sure someone would confirm this
Think its more likely they are losing SOME work to Crewe , as opposed to the depot relocating south. Guess that's why they don't advertise for Preston and haven't done for a few years.

Some guy

Think its more likely they are losing SOME work to Crewe , as opposed to the depot relocating south. Guess that's why they don't advertise for Preston and haven't done for a few years.
That would make sense as Preston sign Crewe to Chester it will make sense for Crewe to take that I know there’s a few staff at preston internally transferring to Crewe

Lucy

Completed my CBI December 23rd, found out I passed the first week of Jan and still waiting to hear on my DMI date; Liverpool Depot.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or has anyone else passed the CBI after myself, and have had their DMI?

Thanks guys!

rhys37429

Completed my CBI December 23rd, found out I passed the first week of Jan and still waiting to hear on my DMI date; Liverpool Depot.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or has anyone else passed the CBI after myself, and have had their DMI?

Thanks guys!

I'm the same boat.
I know of people who are ahead of us.

Think they are going off your CBI pass date. So hopefully they will be in contact with us at some point next week.

Lucy

I'm the same boat.
I know of people who are ahead of us.

Think they are going off your CBI pass date. So hopefully they will be in contact with us at some point next week.
So, are we saying the pass date is the day we completed it? Or the day we got the ‘you have passed’ email?

Have you applied for Liverpool as well?

st1995

I sat my CBI on the 6th Jan, from what ive gathered from here people who have applied for Liverpool are finding out last as ive read comments that people from euston and manchester have received there DMI dates and also a fair few seems to have also sat the DMI.
So far nobody who applied to Liverpool has had a date as far as im aware

Lucy

I sat my CBI on the 6th Jan, from what ive gathered from here people who have applied for Liverpool are finding out last as ive read comments that people from euston and manchester have received there DMI dates and also a fair few seems to have also sat the DMI.
So far nobody who applied to Liverpool has had a date as far as im aware
Thanks for all this info! Fingers crossed they start to filter through and move things long. I’m sure I said Liverpool or Manchester but hey ho, what will be will be haha

TP113

I passed my CBI 16th Dec Euston applicant, and still waiting for contact. My gut tells me they're doing it on scores rather than dates.

There are still a lot of people waiting for DMI's and they're opening another recruitment process at the end of the month. I'm sure they're already oversubscribed with people already in the talent pools and awaiting DMIs, so not sure why they're doing it.

Lucy

Thanks for all this info! Fingers crossed they start to filter through and move things long. I’m sure I said Liverpool or Manchester but hey ho, what will be will be haha
Sorry, to add into that, have you applied for Liverpool too?

I passed my CBI 16th Dec Euston applicant, and still waiting for contact. My gut tells me they're doing it on scores rather than dates.

There are still a lot of people waiting for DMI's and they're opening another recruitment process at the end of the month. I'm sure they're already oversubscribed with people already in the talent pools and awaiting DMIs, so not sure why they're doing it.
Interesting, would think that a pass is a pass regardless of score. I know the OPC said they were testing all of Jan for Avanti..so interesting to see recruitment opening back up

Peelay

Did you sit the CBI on 16th at Watford?

st1995

Ohhh right, i was under the impression Liverpool were just finding out last, who knows what there process is then!
Sorry, to add into that, have you applied for Liverpool too?
Yep, ive applied for Liverpool

Lucy

Ohhh right, i was under the impression Liverpool were just finding out last, who knows what there process is then!

Yep, ive applied for Liverpool
Ahhh lovely, we can ponder our DMI together then haha! Fingers crossed it’s soon. I know a few lads who have had their DMI for Manc and they’re about 3/4 weeks ahead of me process wise, so maybe in the next week or so possibly!

st1995

Ahhh lovely, we can ponder our DMI together then haha! Fingers crossed it’s soon. I know a few lads who have had their DMI for Manc and they’re about 3/4 weeks ahead of me process wise, so maybe in the next week or so possibly!
Fingers crossed! Ide love to know how many Liverpool posts there are haha. Weve got this!

Lucy

I’m also waiting for Liverpool after passing the CBI at the start of January, glad I’m not the only one haha.
Good to know, well not good haha I would love us all to know but at least we are all in the same boat. Fingers crossed it’s soon.

RickyA

Still a few hours to go yet. Sick of checking my emails!
I got my email to say I was in the talent pool late on a Friday at around 4 o’clock, so fingers crossed it’s the same for you guys and girls waiting!

Jordan1991

I got my email to say I was in the talent pool late on a Friday at around 4 o’clock, so fingers crossed it’s the same for you guys and girls waiting!
Ah did you! I thought people were finding out in the morning. Hopefully this afternoon then! Fingers crossed