• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainline.com - release of customer data to TOCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthStand

After reading a few threads about trainline.com releasing customer data to a TOC, where do they stand in terms of data protection? I can understand them having to co-operate with the police, but to a TOC?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveM70

Established Member
After reading a few threads about trainline.com releasing customer data to a TOC, where do they stand in terms of data protection? I can understand them having to co-operate with the police, but to a TOC?

It still comes under prevention / detection of crime

island

Veteran Member
There was an extensive thread about this some months back but in summary it is all legitimate as it's covered by prevention and detection of crime, as well as Trainline's legitimate interests, and is flagged in their privacy statement.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It’s perfectly legal to have a data sharing arrangement for the prevention and detection of crime.

My (non Railway) employer has several such agreements in place that allows us to share data with other organisations who we work with to prevent and detect crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.