• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrainTracker Text 84950 service

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndhurst25

Established Member

Is this text message information service still working? The battery on my iPad mini is on its last legs, so I was playing around with this retro solution for train timetables on the go. No reply to the texts that I send though.

The NRE website says that it became a free service from February 2022, so it seems that they were maintaining it until fairly recently.

Has anyone used it recently?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

[.n]

wow - forgot that existed

I've just tried (EE network) to get some live training running times - as of yet (5 mins) no reply - from memory replies used to be instant(ish) - so I'm leaning towards its broken / no longer functional

>EDIT: After 6 minutes!!!! It has replied with the information requested - which is rubbish for the real time info I requested!

Frontera2

Hi, the service is indeed still working but like you, I’ve had slow response times.

I will raise this with industry colleagues now.

Status
Not open for further replies.