• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Lucy Michela

The B10s are being withdrawn when the ex Rosso Streetlites enter service as I understand. They seem in regular use so not sure they are problematic.

Transdev also has three on schools in Keighley and there are a few with independents.
Anyone have an update on these Streetlites?

Been 'in for repaint' for two months now and still not out. Bearing in mind this is the same fleet of the type that Rochdale drivers were getting sick of because they kept breaking down. Really annoys me they're replacing what are seemingly indestructible buses with piles of breaking down stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

Anyone have an update on these Streetlites?

Been 'in for repaint' for two months now and still not out. Bearing in mind this is the same fleet of the type that Rochdale drivers were getting sick of because they kept breaking down. Really annoys me they're replacing what are seemingly indestructible buses with piles of breaking down stuff.

I don't think they'll be far off service now.

we're waving goodbye to our Volvo B10s

...Over the next few weeks, you'll see our newer buses start to trickle out in Blackburn, further improving our fleet.

Whether Streetlites could be said to be an improvement I'm not sure!

Towers

Established Member
Hello all, I found myself with a sunny Saturday at my disposal today so I thought I’d pop to Lancashire, as one does! :D

Journeys duly undertaken on two examples, I didn’t manage to get a ride on the third one that was out, sadly. They’re showing their age alright, but still going strong!

Interestingly 1103, PN02 HVK, is showing on Bustimes.org as having last worked on May 25th, and wasn’t feeding any vehicle details beyond its location to the map tracker. Has it been off the road I wonder? Screenshot below.

these trusty buses have served us for over 25 years, but it's time to welcome better and more comfortable buses.”

My arse! :'(:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_7671.jpeg
    IMG_7671.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 58

Leedsbusman

Hello all, I found myself with a sunny Saturday at my disposal today so I thought I’d pop to Lancashire, as one does! :D

Journeys duly undertaken on two examples, I didn’t manage to get a ride on the third one that was out, sadly. They’re showing their age alright, but still going strong!

Interestingly 1103, PN02 HVK, is showing on Bustimes.org as having last worked on May 25th, and wasn’t feeding any vehicle details beyond its location to the map tracker. Has it been off the road I wonder? Screenshot below.

these trusty buses have served us for over 25 years, but it's time to welcome better and more comfortable buses.”

My arse! :'(:rolleyes:
1103 was on the 22 today tracking as the spare ticket machine on bustimes.

M803UYA

Some real marketing spin in serious rotation there. Still, give it a few more years and someone will be preserving a Streetlite and people will be getting super excited over them at a bus rally.

Towers

Established Member
Some real marketing spin in serious rotation there. Still, give it a few more years and someone will be preserving a Streetlite and people will be getting super excited over them at a bus rally.
Indeed! :D

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
I received this notification on the app this morning.
We are currently seeing an outage on the bus tracking and bus services section of the app. We apologise for this and are working hard to rectify.

MasterSpenny

I just got sent the following image of one of the new Enviro 400 EV battery electric buses due, showing what it looks like. This one has a fleet number of 2201. The aforementioned image is on Flickr, which is not my photo.

Delenn

I just got sent the following image of one of the new Enviro 400 EV battery electric buses due, showing what it looks like. This one has a fleet number of 2201. The aforementioned image is on Flickr, which is not my photo.
Ooh, glad they haven't gone for the stairwell windows.

SCH117X

Established Member
Don’t be so sure! If you look carefully at the seams of the bodywork and the finish of the paintwork, it does look like they have a glazed staircase
Something I was hoping they did not have to - looks like Contravision has been applied to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustySpoons

That looks very good.

Evolution rather than revolution. That staircase panel looks a bit clumsy at the top right, if they have just stuck a black vinyl over the glazed panel it's going to stand out like a sore thumb! It already looks a lot glossier than the paint and the windows.

I'm glad they've gone for an update of the current livery rather than something completely different.

RustySpoons

As of now there is launch event in Harrogate (on until 8pm apparently), this decker is on display as well as a Merc eCitaro electric demonstrator.

Seats in the decker appear to be the same as the Sky Class ADLs, so they'll be extremely comfortable.

Colour HD destination display (same on the rear) looks impressive too.

Ant158

Anyone attend the B10 farewell over the weekend, any photos etc?
Here are a couple of photos taken by myself at Whalley and Clitheroe:

Renown’s 1103 and 1063 at Whalley bus station
B10”s at Clitheroe Interchange

The farewell on the Sunday was very well organised and appreciated by many. Renown’s 1103 and 1063 followed each other around the Blackburn bus company network. There were well organised photo opportunities At Clitheroe, Whalley, Preston and elsewhere. The drivers were both great ambassadors for the company, chatting openly to enthusiasts. There are many other photos of the day on the Transdev Facebook enthusiast pages. A fitting tribute to a quality bus.

Towers

Established Member
Here are a couple of photos taken by myself at Whalley and Clitheroe:

Renown’s 1103 and 1063 at Whalley bus station
B10”s at Clitheroe Interchange

The farewell on the Sunday was very well organised and appreciated by many. Renown’s 1103 and 1063 followed each other around the Blackburn bus company network. There were well organised photo opportunities At Clitheroe, Whalley, Preston and elsewhere. The drivers were both great ambassadors for the company, chatting openly to enthusiasts. There are many other photos of the day on the Transdev Facebook enthusiast pages. A fitting tribute to a quality bus.
Excellent stuff, superb! Thank you, disappointed I wasn’t there to witness the passing of these fine machines but glad they had such a fitting send off :)

skyhigh

Established Member
Odd that there's no mention of Ripon, just Leeds and Harrogate?

Ashly_Jethro

Odd that there's no mention of Ripon, just Leeds and Harrogate?
It does say Ripon on the back and likely inside, WitchWay was sort of the same, just mentioning Burnley & Manchester on the sides without Rawtenstall

That looks very good.

Evolution rather than revolution. That staircase panel looks a bit clumsy at the top right, if they have just stuck a black vinyl over the glazed panel it's going to stand out like a sore thumb! It already looks a lot glossier than the paint and the windows.

I'm glad they've gone for an update of the current livery rather than something completely different.

It’s just tinted glass, only looks so dark cause it had no lights on inside. You can see the glass from the inside on some of the photos from yesterday.

On a side note, I hope ADL have managed to reduce the noise made by the upper deck’s windscreen blowers. It’s the one thing I don’t like on the SkyClass ones. It’ll be even more noticeable without engine noise to drown it out a bit

LucyP

On Moderation
And the dirt that the blow into your face. The grills on the Sky Class are absolutely filthy and partially blocked with greasy dirt. The BEV buses have heat pumps, so there probably won't be any heat available or any fast running fans to save draining the battery.

skyhigh

Established Member
The BEV buses have heat pumps, so there probably won't be any heat available or any fast running fans to save draining the battery.
Heat pumps are more efficient than resistive heating, which is the only other option on an electric vehicle. Seeing as I've never found Harrogate's current electrics cold and these new buses haven't actually entered service could we perhaps save the constant Transdev-bashing until we know what it's actually like?

It does say Ripon on the back and likely inside, WitchWay was sort of the same, just mentioning Burnley & Manchester on the sides without Rawtenstall

It’s just tinted glass, only looks so dark cause it had no lights on inside. You can see the glass from the inside on some of the photos from yesterday.

On a side note, I hope ADL have managed to reduce the noise made by the upper deck’s windscreen blowers. It’s the one thing I don’t like on the SkyClass ones. It’ll be even more noticeable without engine noise to drown it out a bit
I really agree with the windscreen blowers comment. They really annoy me on E400 MMCs. They're at a frequency and volume that really starts to hurt my ears.