• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine e-tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbophile

Established Member
I've just booked two off-peak returns from Liverpool to York, outward journey tomorrow 09/08/22. I was expecting to be offered e-tickets but the only option on the website was 'collect from station'. As it happens I shall be at Lime Street this afternoon, so this is no real inconvenience, but it could have been. I would have thought that by now all TOCs (except local ones such as Merseyrail, and why not even for them?) would have the technology to cope with e-tickets. What is the problem?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Which website did you book through?

I remember TPE offering an e-ticket option for their own services well before people starting having so many things stored on their mobile devices.

CHESHIRECAT

It's because it's Liverpool...do it from edge hill and then you get option for e ticket

CHESHIRECAT

It allows e ticket when you select Edge Hill as starting point same price and allows travel from lime street

Status
Not open for further replies.