• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Express Delay-Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.
About once a month my wife and travel from Manchester where we live to Edinburgh to visit family. Not wanting the hassle of changing trains we book with TransPennine to travel on their through trains, stipulating the time of train on which we intend to travel. When we made this trip in January the TransPennine trains on which we intended to travel, and which appeared on the ticket on both outward and return journeys, were cancelled. The day before we travelled I checked the timetable TransPennine claimed they were providing so there was no notice of these cancellations.

We had to travel on Northern and Avanti trains, resulting in arrivals about 50 minutes later than anticipated. My Delay-Repay claims have been repeatedly declined because the trains on which we actually travelled arrived more or less on time. Advice please!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trover

Did you claim from TPE? If yes they are wrong. Compensation is calculated comparing the actual arrival time to the arrival time on your ticket (or more accurately the arrival time stated in the finalised timetable at 23:00 the night before you travel)

robbeech

Established Member
Did you claim from TPE? If yes they are wrong. Compensation is calculated comparing the actual arrival time to the arrival time on your ticket (more accurately the finalised timetable at 23:00 the night before you travel)
It’s 2200, and this was for a trip in January where this rule did not apply.

TPE are just doing what they do. Most people will give up and it’s worth tens of thousands of pounds to them to act this way. I suggest asking for a deadlock letter and reply here and people can advise how to word a letter to the Rail Ombudsman.

trover

It’s 2200, and this was for a trip in January where this rule did not apply.

TPE are just doing what they do. Most people will give up and it’s worth tens of thousands of pounds to them to act this way. I suggest asking for a deadlock letter and reply here and people can advise how to word a letter to the Rail Ombudsman.
Thanks for correcting

gray1404

Established Member
In that case then you make a formal complaint to customer services and if they still reject it you ask for a managerial review. And if that is still rejected you ask for a deadlock letter and take the case to the rail ombudsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.