• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpora Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just seen on a Facebook group which shows a crash between a Londoner buses heritage bus and the back of a RATP bus on the C3 route apparently taken near Clapham Junction.

As per the Londoner Twitter page they have only apparently been running every 45 Mins today with the 17.00 from Waterloo (last bus) being cancelled.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Just seen on a Facebook group which shows a crash between a Londoner buses heritage bus and the back of a RATP bus on the C3 route apparently taken near Clapham Junction.

As per the Londoner Twitter page they have only apparently been running every 45 Mins today with the 17.00 from Waterloo (last bus) being cancelled.
I did see these also - looked to be RM871 (WLT 871) with a severely dented bonnet. Hopefully both driver and conductor are ok (I presume it was a dead run from depot with no passengers). As per my sampling of the service on Tuesday, as described in the Trip thread, they appeared to have had at least two breakdowns that day that caused some near-hour gaps in service with some mention on their Twitter feed later on. Hopefully things can be stabilised though as I did actually enjoy the full run I eventually got to do, and it did seem to be building up some interest (albeit not the numbers you'd ideally want longer term). Certainly the two enthusiastic conductors I met were both great ambassadors for the service and doing the best job they could under the conditions the day was presenting to them.

DaveLondon

I did see these also - looked to be RM871 (WLT 871) with a severely dented bonnet. Hopefully both driver and conductor are ok (I presume it was a dead run from depot with no passengers). As per my sampling of the service on Tuesday, as described in the Trip thread, they appeared to have had at least two breakdownsThere only appeared to be 1941 that day that caused some near-hour gaps in service with some mention on their Twitter feed later on. Hopefully things can be stabilised though as I did actually enjoy the full run I eventually got to do, and it did seem to be building up some interest (albeit not the numbers you'd ideally want longer term). Certainly the two enthusiastic conductors I met were both great ambassadors for the service and doing the best job they could under the conditions the day was presenting to them.

It seems to me that on Wednesday only 1941 was running but no information posted - ast Waterloo at least. I had planned another trip but not on 1941 - waited in vain until 1941 came round again! Nothing else seemed to be running. I had thought they had three further routemasters - I hope they sort this promptly - I might try again for a ride.

James H

Just saw a Route A bus carry three passengers from Waterloo - albeit on a very grey December afternoon.

nesw

No Routemasters’ in London tomorrow -

‘Unfortunately, we will not be operating this Friday (09/12/22). This is due to a major protest demonstration taking place on Parliament Square / Whitehall.

We apologise in advance for an inconvenience caused.

We will be here to answer all questions.

CB’

posted to their social media feeds at 18.51 this evening.

Last edited:

nesw

Londoner Buses are not operating today - from their social media ‘due to snow and icy weather…we have deemed the roads unsafe for our staff and vehicles.’

I’d expect that main central London roads have been cleared?

RhysHand

Londoner Buses are not operating today - from their social media ‘due to snow and icy weather…we have deemed the roads unsafe for our staff and vehicles.’

Yes - however the roads surrounding the depot, and yard itself are hazardous, so we don’t want any staff putting themselves at risk.

Established Member

Staff need to get to the depot and the buses need to get from the depot to the route.

And being a tourist service, during a cold snap in December, I expect the already limited number will have found indoor activities yesterday.

James H

Was hoping to go for a ride this afternoon but no sign of a bus yet at Waterloo.

The only Londoner buses publicity at the Waterloo stop is the pictured incomplete sticker on the timetable case. Nothing else to indicate you are waiting in the right place.

Some kind of live tracking would provide reassurance there is a bus on the way.

Attachments

• 366847AA-3199-4D5B-B430-83C9E86DA38B.jpeg
    366847AA-3199-4D5B-B430-83C9E86DA38B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97

RhysHand

Was hoping to go for a ride this afternoon but no sign of a bus yet at Waterloo.

The only Londoner buses publicity at the Waterloo stop is the pictured incomplete sticker on the timetable case. Nothing else to indicate you are waiting in the right place.

Some kind of live tracking would provide reassurance there is a bus on the way.

We are still waiting for TfL to publish these in the stops. There are some changes being made for the Winter, before a full relaunch with a better route etc.

nesw

I believe that any changes to frequency, operating hours or routeting should be submitted to TfL around three months before the proposed start date. TfL are very slow and also usually have any changes to a LSP (London Service Permit) service out for consultation.

Last edited by a moderator:

RhysHand

I believe that any changes to frequency, operating hours or routeting should be submitted to TfL around three months before the proposed start date. TfL are very slow and also usually have any changes to a LSP (London Service Permit) service out for consultation.
Yes, we know only too well! Lol.

Established Member
They've launched a new wedding hire Routemaster company

Our beautifully restored red London double-decker buses are available for Weddings and Special Events across the London area. They add some nostalgic novelty and a touch of class to any occasion.

You and your guests travel together, perhaps enjoying a glass of fizz on the journey and arrive at your destination fully relaxed, having no hassle or worry about any congestion or parking restrictions at the venue.

All our buses are the iconic Routemaster London Double-Decker bus - each vehicle has been beautifully restored with immaculate paint and bodywork, they are real head-turners.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
They've launched a new wedding hire Routemaster company

Isn't this just a relaunch of the old Wedding business of Catch 22? Photo (Mike McNiven on Flickr) shows even the same URL

RhysHand

Isn't this just a relaunch of the old Wedding business of Catch 22? Photo (Mike McNiven on Flickr) shows even the same URL

Kind of yes - you’re right. People start booking wedding transport up in January, so we thought why not offer the ability at no cost to us (apart from the domain)

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Kind of yes - you’re right. People start booking wedding transport up in January, so we thought why not offer the ability at no cost to us (apart from the domain)
I'm hoping that the website you've set up is still a work in progress, otherwise the top of the page needs a bit of attention! Apologies if I'm pointing out the obvious. :)

RhysHand

I'm hoping that the website you've set up is still a work in progress, otherwise the top of the page needs a bit of attention! Apologies if I'm pointing out the obvious. :)
All feedback is good feedback. Certainly is a work in progress. We’ve commissioned a proper web development agency to ‘redo’ all the sites as to be honest, the drag and drop do it yourself sites never end up right.

Established Member

The photo is in Manchester, whereas this site states:
We are based in London and typically operate within a 20 mile radius of our depot in Wandsworth, serving the Central London area.
Sounds like it's the same people and same buses but in a different area now

Established Member
Prices have gone up. Now 7.50 for a day ticket, however single and return tickets have been introduced.
Bizarrely it's £1 cheaper to buy two £2 singles than a £5 return...

nesw

Prices have gone up. Now 7.50 for a day ticket, however single and return tickets have been introduced.
The website https://www.londonerbuses.co.uk has the old and new prices, with the main leaflet scan and FAQ's showing £5 and the 'book online' section with a price of £7.50.

RustySpoons

I think that's the case with the majority of operators taking part in the £2 fare cap scheme.

Established Member
I think that's the case with the majority of operators taking part in the £2 fare cap scheme.
Why are they allowed to take part in the £2 scheme when at other points they are just a tourist bus and as a result refuse freedom passes etc?

markymark2000

On Moderation
Hi Rhys, just thought i'd ask, given that Transpora is a bigger brand covering multiple areas, why doesn't Transpora take over the Coastliner website and make it for the other areas too rather than having a good site for Coastliner but then Bristol and Gloucestershire have just basic timetables without the interactive timetables and tracking (I know tracking on on bustimes but not the same for passengers is it).

This would give a better perception of Transpora since right now, it's just a brand really. A few sporadic, small bus operations. Doesn't seem to make much sense linking it all as Transpora when everything is kept separate and the networks aren't linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.