• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales Class 230

Lurcheroo

That would be truly awesome wouldn’t it! High capacity for short hops & frequent stops just what they are made for!(well originally ) You never know the sea breeze might just be what’s needed to stop them overheating :lol:
Meanwhile back in reality :lol: let’s hope these fixes work to releases the 197 back to the mainlines.
Haha absolutely and that’s what most of the summer journeys are! Short hops like Talybont-Barmouth, llwyngrwil - Tywyn/Barmouth or Penychain to Pwllheli.
Although, 197’s are much more commuter style compared to 158’s and with 4 coach services would be great for handling the summer crowds.

But yeah, having 230’s actually run on the bidstons would be a big help to preventing overcrowding elsewhere

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SuperLuke2334

Established Member

Tony2

This just passed me, looked very like a 153, have the 230s given in today or is my eyesight that bad
Occasionally the allocations are input late, that working is now showing as 230007.

Jumpin

Hi, does anyone know where 230006 is, I've been looking for this unit for a few years now but have had no luck in tracing it's whereabouts.

Jumpin

thanks, it's not outside the depot, and i have looked at the inside when the doors have been opened but can't see it inside either, unless it's tucked away in a dark gloomy corner somewhere.

childwallblues

Established Member
Sometimes it is moved outside. I have seen it by the washer a couple of times. Rumour is that it is slowly being put back together but the depot is currently busy disposing of the last 507s.