• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BOMPO83

You can buy a book on line or print sheets off from the forum
Search Group Bourdon and practice practice practice
Its speed accuracy and consistency across the five pages on this test.
Thanks mate i did pass the paper test. I was just saying what i failed on first time i applied. Got computer tests Wednesday

Goosey

Thanks mate i did pass the paper test. I was just saying what i failed on first time i applied. Got computer tests Wednesday

I failed just on the dots last time. Thanks mate any tips ? Can you break down the day ? I'm working down the steelworks so my answers for mmi are all about safety and procedures

Well done on passing to great news

I failed just on the dots last time. Thanks mate any tips ? Can you break down the day ? I'm working down the steelworks so my answers for mmi are all about safety and procedures

Well done on passing to great news
Break down of the day is as samzino lays out below tbh I felt I was caught off guard in the mmi I went through my scenarios using the STAR method be prepared when they start questioning you the reasoning behind your answers.

Goosey

Hey guys I know the DMI is a formal interview would you advise wearing a full suit, shirt and tie? Haven’t had a formal interview for at least 15 years I know things have changed :rolleyes:

Samzino

I'd say Suit if you can, However a smart shirt, trousers, tie and smart shoes are just as good.

ThePeakNed

Hey guys I know the DMI is a formal interview would you advise wearing a full suit, shirt and tie? Haven’t had a formal interview for at least 15 years I know things have changed :rolleyes:
I struggled finding ANY suitable trousers without buying an entire new suit, so opted for a smart pair of chinos. Still went for shirt, tie, jacket.

Didn't go wrong.

RL1985

Hi, I’m sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread but struggling to find out exactly how many lines there are per page in the group bourdon test and how long you have per page?

I’ve been practicing with a book I ordered from Amazon - each page has 15 lines and it allows 1 minute per page.

Thanks

Last edited:

Samzino

Hi, I’m sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread but struggling to find out exactly how many lines there are per page in the group bourdon test and how long you have per page?

I’ve been practicing with a book I ordered from Amazon - each page has 15 lines and it allows 1 minute per page.

Thanks
Search button on the top right of the screen would have given you all the many threads covering this topic, only have to type Group Bourdon.
As well, in this thread only one page back on Page 136 there is the following post: Click Here with links that have a comprehensive breakdown of the main assessments for the paper and computer stages.

Happy practicing.

RL1985

Search button on the top right of the screen would have given you all the many threads covering this topic, only have to type Group Bourdon.
As well, in this thread only one page back on Page 136 there is the following post: Click Here with links that have a comprehensive breakdown of the main assessments for the paper and computer stages.

Happy practicing.
Thank you

Ieupm

Hi, I applied for the position of trainee train driver for TFW about 3 years ago and messed up in the managers interview but would still love to join TFW as a train driver again, does anyone know if there will be any jobs for trainee train driver going out anytime soon?

Thanks

Kaytay87

Hi, I applied for the position of trainee train driver for TFW about 3 years ago and messed up in the managers interview but would still love to join TFW as a train driver again, does anyone know if there will be any jobs for trainee train driver going out anytime soon?

Thanks
The last recruitment was end of August last year, I just missed the deadline so have been patiently waiting, was hoping it would of been January but nothing as of yet

Goosey

Suit i would go for. You got a date yet ?
No not yet I’m just getting prepared ;)

Thanks
I can’t remember in all honesty I passed and completed half of each box I done I spent no more than a second per group of dots so I wouldn’t miss or mark an incorrect answer 8-)

craigriff

Passed my DMI so just waiting patiently for a date! Best advice I'd give anyone. Go in with a low expectation. The staff do a great job to relax you.

Goosey

Thanks
Surly one soon. If you don’t mind me asking what did you mess up on in the interview :frown: I’m awaiting a dmi myself.

Passed my DMI so just waiting patiently for a date! Best advice I'd give anyone. Go in with a low expectation. The staff do a great job to relax you.
Congratulations fella :lol: where ru going to be based?

Good advice thank you :lol:

craigriff

Surly one soon. If you don’t mind me asking what did you mess up on in the interview :frown: I’m awaiting a dmi myself.

Congratulations fella :lol: where ru going to be based?

Good advice thank you :lol:
Cardiff mate. Just research the trains. The history and plans for the future. Make it safety linked and you'll fly it.

kallyvintage

Well done to those passing DMI - best feeling ever isnt it. I start training in a couple of weeks now... still pinching myself

Goosey

Passed computer tests today. Will let me know outcome of mmi next week
Well done pal was only a couple of days for me to find out so hopefully some good news b4 the weekend :p

Did we do our written tests together was talking to u walking to the train station?

Hey guys do they send you an email to book in like throughout or just give a date?

Logger79

Thanks
I wouldn't worry about how many lines there are because you'll end up getting it wrong. Accuracy is what is required.