• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel Entitlement during tube strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob.rjt

I have planned a couple of journeys that involve cross London transfers during the forthcoming tube strikes and I was wondering what my options are in relation to alternative travel. The journey is in two parts with a combination of tickets:

Part 1

Didcot Parkway to Zone 1 (for onward connection from Euston)

Part 2

Edinburgh to Didcot Parkway with cross London connection.

Am I entitled to use these tickets on the buses, or will I need to pay for any alternative transport?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I would be very surprised if there wasn't ticket acceptance on London Buses!

However, expect extended journey times. When are you travelling and how long are your connections? Will you have a lot of luggage with you and are you able to walk?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I would be very surprised if there wasn't ticket acceptance on London Buses!

That's fairly standard. But depending on the journey you may struggle to get on the bus.

There's usually a handful of extra buses run during strikes but there's little spare capacity (of buses and drivers).

rob.rjt

Thanks for the advice.

I can walk, and will have a cabin baggage sized wheeled case and backpack with me.

The outward travel is on Tuesday 4th and I will be getting the sleeper out of Euston, so I have some flexibility in when I travel out, but don't want to be hanging round Euston for too long as I believe the lounge is closed at the moment :(

Returning on Thursday 6th, I will arrive at Kings Cross at 21:43 and leave Paddington at 22:45 on a single through advance ticket with a specific train restriction leaving Paddington.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Walking from Paddington to Euston with a case will be a bit of a pain. I would aim to be in Paddington by 9 and use the Tube (Strike planned to take effect from 9.30). There's plenty of good eateries and pubs around Euston. Alternatively I would expect tickets to be accepted on the 205 (allow an hour).

As long as you follow whatever advice is given for travellers at Euston on the return, you shouldn't need to worry unduly about missing your train from Paddington as staff will be aware of the situation.

That said, Tube strikes seem to be called off at the last minute most of the time.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Based on past experience, it's likely that LU will start running the service down from 6pm or so on Tuesday, so as to get trains back to stabling points prior to the strike starting.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
This strike won't be called off, as it is related to the ticket office closures and redundancies.

I don't see the bouffanted muppet in City Hall backing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.