• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling to the Isle of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Do I need to fill anything in?
I'm sailing Tuesday afternoon

Steam Packet website doesn't mention anything but the Manx Government website has this landing card link which can't be filled in more than 2 working days before arrival, but requires a reference code from the Manx Government which takes upto 3 working days...

Any help would be very much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

Established Member
You need to register first to get your code - you can do that now
Then do the landing card within 48 hrs of arrival.

burns20

So I've just done the permit reference application

Within 48 hours of arrival so I don't need that before I arrive? Just after I arrive.

Sorry the website is not very clear

burns20

Yes but we can't do it now as we have to fill in the Vaccination Exemption Card paperwork to get a Manx Reference Code to complete the Landing Card

Simple?

jnjkerbin

For reference, I applied for the Vaccination Exemptions a couple of weeks ago, and got my confirmation within a few hours on a Saturday evening, so three days seems to be quite an overstatement.

burns20

Thank you. We are panicking a bit.

Can't believe there's nothing when you book a ticket on the Steam Packet website.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Goodness me, didn't realise that the IoM still had such stringent travel restrictions. Quite an outlier, even the Channel Islands have dropped all measures now.

davetheguard

Established Member
Goodness me, didn't realise that the IoM still had such stringent travel restrictions. Quite an outlier, even the Channel Islands have dropped all measures now.

Some of these authoritarian government bureaucrats are determined to drive any potential tourists away!

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Some of these authoritarian government bureaucrats are determined to drive any potential tourists away!
The restrictions end a week on Thursday, 31 March.

To the OP, you should have got the code by now. If not, ring +44 1624 687171 (9am to 5pm Mon-Fri). The staff there can issue you the code whilst you're on the phone if all your paperwork is in order. The Steam Packet does have the warning, it's an enormous red pop up window when you go to make a booking.

Trackman

Established Member
I know it's a bit late now but I've just seen my friend who has been in the IOM for the last four weeks.
He filled it all in on the ferry and have to give his vaccination dates which he knew. He said they didn't even bother checking - ID check and frisk and was let through.

Status
Not open for further replies.