• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trespass - Lakelander Rail Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc-c

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I've just watched a video of a guy using a signal as a vantage point to take pictures of a steam railtour...Words fail me !!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve4031

That is dangerous IMHO. A slip and a fall could lead to drastic results. I'm thinking the driver radioed to the dispatcher and the police called. That is what would happen in the United States.

DanNCL

Established Member
If the idiots can't be trusted to behave sensibly around steam tours then its time to ban mainline steam. Incidents like this are a far too regular occurrence and the regular travelling public shouldn't have to put up with the disruption it causes.

That is dangerous IMHO. A slip and a fall could lead to drastic results. I'm thinking the driver radioed to the dispatcher and the police called. That is what would happen in the United States.
Similar here, driver would radio the signaller and action taken from there as appropriate. I assume that the role of dispatcher in the US is what we call Signaller in the UK.

zwk500

Veteran Member
If the idiots can't be trusted to behave sensibly around steam tours then its time to ban mainline steam. Incidents like this are a far too regular occurrence and the regular travelling public shouldn't have to put up with the disruption it causes.
Banning steam probably won't happen due to 1 trespass - Peter Hendy is very fond of it as PR machine. However expect some chunky fencing to go up in a lot more places, thanks to this monumental tool.

Steve4031

Similar here, driver would radio the signaller and action taken from there as appropriate. I assume that the role of dispatcher in the US is what we call Signaller in the UK.
Yes, the dispatcher is the same as the Signaller. I believe both work from a centralized location to control the movement of trains over a section of track. In the United States, these are often at centralized locations far away from the actual railroads being controlled. For example, CSX has its center in Jacksonville Florida, which could be controlling trains as far away as Chicago. The Union Pacific has a center in Omaha Nebraska to control operations all over the western states.

MP33

I would suggest that if you meet someone with a similar description to the trepasser. Phone the BTP and remain to show them your film and give a description. Do not challenge the trespasser as it may be someone, and you met them in other walks of life, who turn very aggresive if they feel that they are under threat or there is a threat to them continuing with their behavoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.