• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia - Largest Difference between Weekday and Sunday Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I was at a meeting yesterday evening which covered the services between the now closed station at Blaenafon and Newport.

The presenter said that whilst there was a very good service during the week, the opposite was the case on Sundays. I think he said that there were something like twenty return journeys during the week but just one on Sundays - and to add insult to injury, it was very early in the morning and came straight back, giving you about twenty minutes there!

It got me thinking ... would this be the biggest difference in services, or can someone offer a bigger one? I'm not including lines where there is no Sunday service, only where there is one, albeit very small.

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Penarth has approximately one eighth of the number of departures on Sunday as it does on weekdays, at least insofar as the working timetable goes.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Bromley North ostensibly has 3 departures on a Sunday, but maybe 43 on a normal midweek day. (The "Sunday service" is however, essentially the end of service just after midnight on a Saturday night).

Similar ratio at nearby Sundridge Park (6 on "Sunday", 86 on a midweek day).

Status
Not open for further replies.