• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Least used Single or Double track line by Passenger or Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sk688

Acton - Northolt Line
Dudding Hill Line
GWR Greenford - Ealing branch
Romford - Upminister Line
Watford - St Albans

All of those are pretty lightly used I'd say

Streatham South Junction - Streatham North Junction (Connection to Fasts between Mitcham Eastfields and Balham)
1tpd 0720 Southern Service Horsham-Victoria via Hackbridge

Clapham Junction Platform 8, only used during Disruption.

Last edited:

onionjoe76

Sunnyside Junction (Coatbridge) to Whifflet South junction gets 1 or 2 freight movements per month iirc.

daodao

Established Member
The remnant of the B&M line to Machen quarry is now scheduled for just 1 freight train per week, currently on Saturdays.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Acton - Northolt Line
Dudding Hill Line
Watford - St Albans

From looking at your list other people might have different definitions of "lightly used".

Dr_Paul

Established Member
Acton - Northolt Line
Dudding Hill Line
Watford - St Albans

The Dudding Hill Line has two or three trains scheduled an hour for much of the day; its true that some are Q-paths that aren't taken up, but altogether this line is used pretty regularly and is also a very useful connection that, were it not there, would entail much more circuitous routes for through-London freight services.

Established Member
The Brigg line is quite lengthy, and now has only around a dozen freight paths a day, only two or three of which appear to be regularly used, in addition to the meagre passenger service.

MK Tom

Established Member
The section between Bicester and Claydon/Calvert used to see daily freights but has been almost completely lifeless since the Bicester Chord opened. Claydon Junction is heavily overgrown now but is still technically open, so this might qualify as one of the least used open freight lines.

route101

Established Member
Line connecting Polmadie to Crossmyloof , i think only a fuel train uses it

Status
Not open for further replies.