• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Trivia] Lines with Limited services

Status
Not open for further replies.

03_179

Established Member
Evening all,

Before my eyes close for the night I hope the more knowledgeable maybe able to help me.

I'm aware that the Brigg line is one a day.
The Heysham Port/Harbour line is one a day.
The Market Rasen line has a limited service.

What other lines have limited passenger services?
This isn't stations but the whole line.

Over to you guys.
Thanks in advance I'm hitting the sack now.
Night.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Evening all,

Before my eyes close for the night I hope the more knowledgeable maybe able to help me.

I'm aware that the Brigg line is one a day.
The Heysham Port/Harbour line is one a day.
The Market Rasen line has a limited service.

What other lines have limited passenger services?
This isn't stations but the whole line.

Over to you guys.
Thanks in advance I'm hitting the sack now.
Night.
I wouldn't say Lincoln - Market Rasen - Barnetby is limited, roughly 2 hourly. I suspect you are thinking of the line via Brigg which has one return trip a day.

Knottingley - Goole with 3 trains a day (2 towards Leeds, 1 for Goole). Helsby - Ellesmere Port (2 a day in each direction when not cancelled)

Llandudno

Established Member
Wrexham - Bidston has a pretty much unusable service…!

NSE

Established Member
The Stockport - Stalybridge line

Class 170101

Established Member
Berney Arms route (Reedham to Great Yarmouth) a handful of services Monday to Saturday. More services on Sundays (about two hourly).

Western 52

Heart of Wales line may come into this category. Although booked a train every 4 hours or so, cancellations are frequent!

Parallel

Established Member
Yeovil Junction to Yeovil Pen Mill only gets a few trains a day but it’s not really a whole line - rather just a curve.

The Swansea District Line is longer and only gets a couple of trains a day - mainly Fishguard Harbour boat trains from memory. It branches off just west of Briton Ferry station and re-joins the bottom of the Heart of Wales line just north of Llangennech.

Cach17

The curve of track connecting Minster and Sandwich in Kent. One Faversham to Ashford and Dover to Faversham train per day (both via Deal) that reverse at Minster.

Acfb

I don't know if the South Suburban Line in Edinburgh still has any timetabled services to Motherwell or if it's just used very rarely for diverts.

NSE

Established Member
Are we including curves? Or full fledged lines? Cause there’s far, far more curves

Trainguy34

The curve of track connecting Minster and Sandwich in Kent. One Faversham to Ashford and Dover to Faversham train per day (both via Deal) that reverse at Minster.
Or, ironically, a service each way hourly today due to engineering works.

Status
Not open for further replies.