• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: More than one operator on town services

northwichcat

Veteran Member
In my local area evening and sunday services have recently been reinstated after probably 10+ years thanks to the additional funding from the failed HS2 expansion.

I doubt it's that scheme. The government have made 'failed HS2' funding available for other transport schemes from the 25/26 financial year. Councils are supposed to be consulting during 24/25 on their plans of how to spend it - a good way of delaying the release of funding until after the General Election but putting out a positive press release before it!

There is also BSIP support, which is separate, that has led to some councils reversing service cuts or introducing new services during 23/24.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

I doubt it's that scheme. The government have made 'failed HS2' funding available for other transport schemes from the 25/26 financial year. Councils are supposed to be consulting during 24/25 on their plans of how to spend it - a good way of delaying the release of funding until after the General Election but putting out a positive press release before it!

There is also BSIP support, which is separate, that has led to some councils reversing service cuts or introducing new services during 23/24.
Apologies, you're right. I do believe it is the BSIP support that's funding it. I'd just been reading about the HS2 debacle and got my wires crossed.

Grahamk748

In Northampton Stagecoach run route 8 from Blackthorn to Kings Heath via the town centre, Britannia bus also run the town centre to Kings heath part, they take a different route out of town but the Kings Heath part of the route is pretty much the same.

Wiggy49

Visited Lichfield at the weekend.
Got throughly confused with the town services 31 and 32 where Chaserider run the services in the morning and evening peaks, yet Diamond Bus East Midlands run during the daytime, with little comment on each others websites of the alternative operator.
Hence assumed the last bus was 14.15 looking at the Diamond timetable, only to find later trips on google bus stop info.

Could not find out if operators accept each others return tickets.