• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TV Filming at Birmingham Moor Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinguini

I noticed when passing through Moor Street that there was a TV crew filming, the main concourse was gated off. Anyone with any idea what is being filmed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
On a similar theme, did anybody else spot the article in the Standard a few days back about a train-based film, I think it was called 'The Last Passenger'? It involved a sabotaged train running away through London apparently. What interested me was the mention that two carriages were used and delivered to Shepperton for the filming. A photo taken during shooting showed what appeared to be the inside of a former SWT Slammer - seat moquette being the giveaway. Where would somebody find an intact one of those, I thought all except a couple of preserved ones had been long since cut up?! There was also what looked like a rather faked up still of this mystery train - in the dark - about to t-bone a car on a level crossing. Anybody know any more about this film?

Last edited:

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Were there many Great Western style stations in East Berlin?

If the film makers are to be believed it's quite possible, according to them there was an exact copy of Bedford station over there somewhere, complete with an NSE livery dmu apparently.:lol:

Chris125

Established Member
On a similar theme, did anybody else spot the article in the Standard a few days back about a train-based film, I think it was called 'The Last Passenger'? It involved a sabotaged train running away through London apparently. What interested me was the mention that two carriages were used and delivered to Shepperton for the filming. A photo taken during shooting showed what appeared to be the inside of a former SWT Slammer - seat moquette being the giveaway. Where would somebody find an intact one of those, I thought all except a couple of preserved ones had been long since cut up?! There was also what looked like a rather faked up still of this mystery train - in the dark - about to t-bone a car on a level crossing. Anybody know any more about this film?

A couple of preserved CIG carriages were used from 1399, which I believe is currently split between Eastleigh and Meldon Quarry.

Chris

BestWestern

Established Member
Chris125:1540700 said:

A couple of preserved CIG carriages were used from 1399, which I believe is currently split between Eastleigh and Meldon Quarry.

Chris

Ah, thanks. I presume when you say the unit is preserved, the coaches were returned intact?! Do you have any info on the supposed collision scene?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.