• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Twickenham Model railway Exhibtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good evening,

Many, many years ago I was taken by my father to a really good model railway exhibition 2 or years in succession, but I can not remember who organised this or where the venue was. I think it used to be held in Jan/Feb or March.

Does anyone remember these events and does this still place place now as I would like to visit it again. ? I have looked on the UK Model Shop webpages which lists loads of exhibitions and swap meets, but it's does not seem to appear there.

Tks/Rgds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

guillyman

If you are talking about the Twickenham and District Model Railway Club, their website is just here with all their details:

http://www.tdmrc.org.uk/

In May 2011 they held a superb exhibition in Feltham celebrating their 50th anniversary (I have the mug to prove it!) and quite often they have a small event in Twickenham Library. I call in from time to time on their Friday evening club night to check progress on their layout deopicting Twickenham pre-1954.

For more information it might be best to contact their secretary whose email address is on their home page.

Regards. :)

Monty

Established Member
Good evening,

Many, many years ago I was taken by my father to a really good model railway exhibition 2 or years in succession, but I can not remember who organised this or where the venue was. I think it used to be held in Jan/Feb or March.

Does anyone remember these events and does this still place place now as I would like to visit it again. ? I have looked on the UK Model Shop webpages which lists loads of exhibitions and swap meets, but it's does not seem to appear there.

Tks/Rgds.

The club used to hold a large exhibition at the parkshot centre in Richmond (where the club would meet for much of it's existence) every two years, however we were forced out a few years ago when the centre was renovated and have relocated at Kerswell Hall in Whitton. We don't tend to do really -big- exhibitions anymore as it almost always ends up in making a loss and the club just can't afford it.

Still its not all doom and gloom, membership subs have been up in recent years and we have had two layouts feature in various magazines (including Hornby and RM) and 'Northwick' is even booked for Warely in 2014! :D As for Twickenham Junction, the track has been laid and we are in the process of installing point motors prior to wiring of the layout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.