• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotCO

Established Member
Hi. Just found out that I passed the psychometrics and am now waiting to get on a course. Proper chuffed!

Sorry to disappoint you, but they don't use steam engines :D

(Well done anyway!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sassinator

Congratulations!! My husband got the same call as you cc3000 last night, sounds like you were maybe at the same assessment day.

Hopefully not long for a start date

GW29

Hi. Just found out that I passed the psychometrics and am now waiting to get on a course. Proper chuffed!
I was wondering, when you’re in the course do you get the free Metro travel or is that only when you qualify?
Thanks.
Congrats! I passed mine back in December, but still waiting for my medical, and I was also told that I may need to go back in to the Gosforth office for an informal chat as it’s been pretty much 2 years since we applied - just to recap on the role etc. Hoping it comes through soon! :)

cc3000

Congrats! I passed mine back in December, but still waiting for my medical, and I was also told that I may need to go back in to the Gosforth office for an informal chat as it’s been pretty much 2 years since we applied - just to recap on the role etc. Hoping it comes through soon! :)

Fingers crossed!

Andrizu

Any update at all guys? Must be honest was expecting some kind of update with the easing of restrictions/lockdown etc

GW29

Any update at all guys? Must be honest was expecting some kind of update with the easing of restrictions/lockdown etc
Not a thing pal. I’m also surprised nothing has came through yet. I still need to get my medical too.

Owen2323

Did anyone get an email from Metro today? About no more courses this year?
That's a nightmare that. Those who are in the talent pool will be looking at about 3 years from application to start date (that's even if they do run more courses!)

GW29

Did anyone get an email from Metro today? About no more courses this year?
I got the email. Thoroughly disappointed I have to say. I understand that COVID has affected the training schools, but surely the fact that they are at capacity could have been foreseen, and therefore we could of been notified earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.