• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveBrown2

So then, got e-mail and an interview for Driver early October. I'm buzzing..... Concerned that nobody else seems to have heard anything.... must be more than me? Anybody else?

f1nch26

Just received my email today for towards the end of October....fingers crossed!!

jeff1989

Hmm I’ve still not got an email with an interview date. Starting to get a little
bit worried now. Guess I’ll give them
until Friday then message them just in case I’ve been forgotten ha. Good luck to all who have been given dates so far!

Cyclist

Completed my interview recently, they told me it would probably take until November until I hear the result of it. They will email me regardless of whether I'm successful. Another long wait begins :D

brown_ne

Completed my interview recently, they told me it would probably take until November until I hear the result of it. They will email me regardless of whether I'm successful. Another long wait begins :D
How did it go mate?

Caad12

what was the gist of the interview? Standard questions on what you know about metro? Why you want to join, etc ?

Irish Rail

I don’t think people who have had interviews are going to start telling people what the questions are, would put them at a bit of a disadvantage...

Sean93

I’ve just had my interview today went very well! (In my opinion) goodluck everyone!

Sean93

well done! did they tell you what they told me? That you'll hear by email in November.

yeah they told me by email however they did say it would be early December what a fantastic early Christmas present that would be!

jeff1989

yeah they told me by email however they did say it would be early December what a fantastic early Christmas present that would be!

Glad it went well for you! I’ve got mine in November. Did they mention what the next stage was if we are lucky enough pass this interview? Assuming it’s tests/interview at Doncaster??

Sean93

Glad it went well for you! I’ve got mine in November. Did they mention what the next stage was if we are lucky enough pass this interview? Assuming it’s tests/interview at Doncaster??

Goodluck! And yeah that’s right just a waiting game for tests etc...

ModernRailways

Established Member

If you pass the interview with Metro then you go to Doncaster where you sit some tests and have another interview. If you pass those then you will be given a start date and a medical date.

Volvictof

I had my interview in the first few days of October, the interviewer told me it went really well so fingers crossed.
They didn't give me any info on when I would hear back but I’m sure they just forgot as they did with a couple of other things.

they did however say that they were trying to hopefully organise that the assessments could be done up in Newcastle for the first time rather than Doncaster.

Cloudybusta

Wow
I'm not going to give anything away, but the interview is informal and the staff lovely.
Thinking there was so much more I could have said in my answers.
Good luck everyone.

f1nch26

Had my interview this morning, seemed to go pretty well. Like everyone else, I came away wishing that i'd said a bit more than I did, but I think I got the main points across!
I got told that I would hear back in December, but then couldn't remember what would be the next part of the process would be if successful....they mentioned some online psychometric assessments? Is that the same stuff as Doncaster? Or more like personality type questions etc?
Either way, hopefully will have some good news in December! They said they were looking for like 120-150 people for the talent pool!
Fingers crossed,
Good luck all!

Irish Rail

Had my interview this morning, seemed to go pretty well. Like everyone else, I came away wishing that i'd said a bit more than I did, but I think I got the main points across!
I got told that I would hear back in December, but then couldn't remember what would be the next part of the process would be if successful....they mentioned some online psychometric assessments? Is that the same stuff as Doncaster? Or more like personality type questions etc?
Either way, hopefully will have some good news in December! They said they were looking for like 120-150 people for the talent pool!
Fingers crossed,
Good luck all!
Fingers crossed,
Good luck all!
How long did your interview last? Got mine coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.