• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UEFA EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

96tommy

In the work predictions league I've gone 1-0 Croatia. Bit of a bogey team for England. After seeing the likes of Pickford and Trippier starting too, I feel my prediction is pretty justified.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Anyone daring to make a prediction..? ;)
I’ll stick my head above the parapet and go for a frustrating 1-1.

Same, 1-1. John Stones error means Croatia take the lead. Grealish comes in in second half and wins a penalty which Harry Kane scores.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The shadow of the overhead camera up above the pitch is a bit annoying.

Looks like a black bin bag blowing across the pitch! o_O

tommy2215

I am very pleased England won and glad at their performance, but at the same time I kinda want them to finish 2nd in the group because that will give them a much easier match in the round of 16. 2nd place gets them probably Sweden while 1st will get them Portugal, France or Germany. But winning is very nice indeed 8-) .

deltic

Established Member
Good first 20 minutes and then fairly unimpressive - might have been the heat.

Trackman

Established Member
That shadow covering half the pitch at Wembley is awful
It's something to do with the TV cameras and how it is manually adjusted for brightness etc.. If you are at an actual game in these circumstances it doesn't look half as bad., chances are the brightness of the sun is worse than the shadow.
Good first 20 minutes and then fairly unimpressive - might have been the heat.
28C in London.
Will get them into shape for Qatar though ;)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Good to see they’ve replaced those ghastly, comedy sized tight square nets at Wembley with some regulation hexagon ones.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Great win for England. Kalvin Phillips was superb, Mings was excellent too and Sterling proved the doubters wrong. Croatia were so passive though, poor performance by them. Kane though was very poor.

And even though they didn't have their best games, Foden and Mount are so talented, world class players.

Austria - North Macedonia game was really good. Pandev scoring was iconic. Austria deserved the win, Sabitzer is a quality player.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have to say Kalvin Phillips is one of those players who I could never understand how he got games at the top level. Today showed what I know. He was excellent.

Iskra

Established Member
I have to say Kalvin Phillips is one of those players who I could never understand how he got games at the top level. Today showed what I know. He was excellent.
That's what Leeds fans (including me) used to think pre-Bielsa. We were all wrong :D I'm glad he had a great game and that England got off to a winning start too :)

I'm looking forward to watching Ukraine V The Netherlands next. It's nice to be able to enjoy games when you don't really care who wins!

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I'm looking forward to watching Ukraine V The Netherlands next. It's nice to be able to enjoy games when you don't really care who wins!
Netherlands vs Ukraine is proving quite watchable.

Opportunistic goal just now by the Dutch, and not before time!

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Different game now. Couldn't see where a come back was going to come from and now who knows! Love it!

Iskra

Established Member
Goalkeeper was, should have been kicked in to touch to take the momentum out and let players re-group.
Still 4mins left...
Yeah, that was a really poor decision.

The Netherlands could be an interesting team to watch this tournament in terms of entertainment- they are free-scoring but equally beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.