• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Union of South Africa move

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigB

Following today's completion of the move of The Great Marquis from Bo'ness to John Cameron's farm in Fife, the hauliers were heading south to pick up Union of South Africa and its tender. These will be brought up to Fife tomorrow and then placed in his "shed".
It has been interesting watching both the engine and tender being loaded for onward travel, with the tender in particular being pretty quick to load and get away. I believe that UoSA tender will be more of a challenge to load though!
I believe the route will be M6/M74.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Train jaune

Following today's completion of the move of The Great Marquis from Bo'ness to John Cameron's farm in Fife, the hauliers were heading south to pick up Union of South Africa and its tender. These will be brought up to Fife tomorrow and then placed in his "shed".
It has been interesting watching both the engine and tender being loaded for onward travel, with the tender in particular being pretty quick to load and get away. I believe that UoSA tender will be more of a challenge to load though!
I believe the route will be M6/M74.....
Seven heading north on the M6 near Penrith this morning

alexl92

Established Member
I won't miss 60009 but 61994 is a great loss. A mainline-certified loco that's a good fit for the Jacobite and many medium-large heritage railways. Really hope Cameron sees sense eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.