• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual objects carried onto trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
On youtube there is classic Candid Camera from the 60's where a piano is on a London Underground platform and they try to wind up a member of platform staff.

6Gman

Established Member
Of course in past times things that would now be considered unusual were commonplace - livestock, circus, people on stretchers [certain MkI vehicles had compartments with hinged windows to ease loading), corpses (!), prisoners (usually handcuffed to accompanying policemen etc etc

MacRae13

Some things like petrol/diesel are banned, not sure about paint though.

I drove buses until 2006 and our policy then was it was OK as long as the paint was in a tied plastic bag - which makes me think they were more worried about spillage than any potential for health/fire.

Around the same time I seen a bus driver in service with a small baby sat on his knee, with one arm around it and steering with the other :roll:

Chrisgr31

Established Member
I was on an Uckfield line train that pulled in to Eridge heading south at which point some lads pushing a moped got on with said moped. However the guard then appeared and told them to take the moped off the train. They complained as it was out of fuel but the guard was adamant so they took it off the train.

I rather wish I got off the train to find out what they did next as if anyone knows Eridge station the only access tot eh Southern platform is by stairs, getting the moped down would have been relatively easy as gravity would help, getting it back up again was probably more of a challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.