• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

URGENT: Suitcase stolen from lady in a wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.

SussexLad

My partner was travelling to Skegness this Afternoon (got on at Graham) with a purple suitcase. She answered the phone at Boston and someone ran off with her suitcase!

Shes in an electric wheelchair so had no hope of getting it back. It had a computer inside and all her clothes for lockdown.

Can anyone help at all? Did anyone travel that route or see anything at the station? Anyone see where the case went? She's really upset and feels taken advantage of.

BTP have been made aware and are looking at CCTV. Regular police and TOC will be made aware soon. Laptop has been remotely looked so if it comes online it'll be useless. Any further suggestions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
any tracking software on the laptop ?

check your last logged in google/bing/live etc it might ping a rough location

SussexLad

any tracking software on the laptop ?

check your last logged in google/bing/live etc it might ping a rough location

Its a Mac so its built in. Nothing so far sadly. Password protected laptop too.

Thank you tho.

ComUtoR

Established Member
My son just said on a Mac you can "find my mac" If you use login using your apple id you can find all your devices. It should show where it was "last seen" hope that helps. (Im not a *Mac user) Good luck and I hope you find it.

*because they suck :)

LowLevel

Established Member
Did she manage to contact the guard or station staff at the time or at Skegness when alighting? Most EMR trains on that route are CCTV fitted but not all, the ex Anglia 156/9s being the exception.

Really sorry to hear this has happened - a lot of luggage travels on that route and it is quite unusual for this sort of thing to happen - most of the regular "wrong'uns" are well known to the crews on these trains and don't generally dare to get up to anything serious as they know they will be recognised.

SussexLad

Did she manage to contact the guard or station staff at the time or at Skegness when alighting? Most EMR trains on that route are CCTV fitted but not all, the ex Anglia 156/9s being the exception.

Really sorry to hear this has happened - a lot of luggage travels on that route and it is quite unusual for this sort of thing to happen - most of the regular "wrong'uns" are well known to the crews on these trains and don't generally dare to get up to anything serious as they know they will be recognised.

She spoke to the guard i think and the station staff at skegness who searched the whole train.

Hopefully EMR can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.