• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Valid Routes to Tamworth from Sheerness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with valid routes from Sheerness on Sea to Tamworth ...

I know the obvious one is Sheerness-Sittingbourne-London Terminals-Euston-B'ham N St-Tamworth but what other routes are valid on an Any Permitted Off Peak return?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Euston direct to Tamworth and also St Pancras-Derby-Tamworth that I can think of currently.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Sheerness On Sea has associated routeing points: Chatham and Faversham.
Tamworth is a routeing point.

Fares Check

Sheerness On Sea - Tamworth
Anytime Single
Route +Any Permitted
£97.50

Chatham - Tamworth
Anytime Single
Route +Any Permitted
£95.00

Faversham - Tamworth
Anytime Single
Route +Any Permitted
£97.00

So Chatham and Faversham are both appropriate routeing points.

Determine Map Permissions

Your permitted route must be the shortest route (or those no more than 3 miles longer) with a regular passenger service to either Chatham or Faversham, and then along a mappped route between Chatham or Faversham and Tamworth.

Chatham - Tamworth: London
Faversham - Tamworth: London, CS+LR, TL+CS+LR, TV+LR, WM+TV+LR

Using 'London' routeing, we also have the following:
Chatham - London Group: HK, HS, LD, LR, NK, SL+LR, VC
Faversham - London Group: HK, LD, LR, NK, SL+LR, VC, VC+DV
London Groups - Tamworth: TV, TV+WM

Any route traceable using the map combinations above for Faversham - Tamworth, or Chatham - London Group plus London Group - Tamworth, or Faversham - London Group plus London Group - Tamworth, without doubling back (except within the same Station Group for interchange purposes), is a permitted route. This includes HS1, if so desired, and transfer on the underground between appropriate London Terminals.

If you get stuck then let us know.

Thanks all ... think I'll either go via Euston direct getting the 1940 VT ... or via EMT and Derby ...

£40 for an Off Peak return is a bargain ... (I have a 16-25 railcard)

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
Don't forget that there are no time restrictions on Virgin Trains on that journey for you, as you're using a railcard. So if you want to travel in the evening peak, you may do so with impunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.