• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Varamis Qualified Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Their facebook dated 4th September stated vacancies at Glasgow and Crewe for qualified drivers with a minimum of 3 years experience, no details of pay or conditions but says get in touch via [email protected]

Just as a pointer, Varamis haven't updated their website since 2021, that claims 'Scotland to the Midlands in 2021', 'Expanding to London in early 2022', 'Adding services to connect Peterborough, Doncaster & Edinburgh in 2023'

Last edited:

YingYing

Their facebook dated 4th September stated vacancies at Glasgow and Crewe for qualified drivers with a minimum of 3 years experience, no details of pay or conditions but says get in touch via [email protected]

Just as a pointer, Varamis haven't updated their website since 2021, that claims 'Scotland to the Midlands in 2021', 'Expanding to London in early 2022', 'Adding services to connect Peterborough, Doncaster & Edinburgh in 2023'

Just had a look at their website, as you say they've not updated it for about a year. Seems to be a parcel freight startup? Perhaps something like that Orion/ROG operation that seems to have gone quiet also.

train_lover

Just had a look at their website, as you say they've not updated it for about a year. Seems to be a parcel freight startup? Perhaps something like that Orion/ROG operation that seems to have gone quiet also.
They are very active on social media. With a new service to start next week. They are looking for qualified drivers and I'm curious about them

Amex88

This is very interesting. Where is there job advert? Also any depots in or around London?

ExRes

Established Member
This is very interesting. Where is there job advert? Also any depots in or around London?

As I said in post #3

Unless they have given further information through twitter, instagram or some other social media platform there is no info on their website or facebook regarding depots or conditions of service, if you need to know anything then I'd suggest approaching them, their email is in post #3

Chucky

Any qualified driver wanting to chuck in their pension, privs, conditions and job security to go to this mystery start-up company where the most basic pay and conditions are shrouded in secrecy must work at a pretty grim depot/TOC at the moment. Good luck to all those who apply. I think you might need it!

Established Member
Any qualified driver wanting to chuck in their pension, privs, conditions and job security to go to this mystery start-up company where the most basic pay and conditions are shrouded in secrecy must work at a pretty grim depot/TOC at the moment. Good luck to all those who apply. I think you might need it!
I agree for mid-career drivers. Alternatively for someone looking to come out of retirement, or go part time, it could be perfect.

It all depends what they offer.

ExRes

Established Member

I would have thought that an email registering interest and asking a couple of simple questions would sort out the question of pay and conditions

Established Member
Alternatively for someone looking to come out of retirement, or go part time, it could be perfect.

From previous threads it tends to be people in this boat who go for this kind of thing. Especially if they’re quite local with experience over the routes operated.

As you say, not likely to be a wise move full timers with a long time to go, unless they’re truly desperate.

Class2ldn

I know some of the people who've started this, top guys but it is very early days, as for terms etc I'm not sure but as said above only depots currently are Glasgow and crewe.
Its been a hard slog to get this far and they've done well to do it so fair play to them.

Amex88

Well im out of that boat then! Deffo not for me! Got a whileeee left till I retire

Status
Not open for further replies.