• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vectrons Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

delt1c

Established Member
Just returned from trip to Sofia in Bulgaria and decided to have a day trip to Plovdiv. Have done this many times behind the Skodas and ex DB compartment stock and always enjoyed. However this time to my surprise I noticed at Sofia there was a new Vectron on the front but still the old rolling stock. From Sofia to Septembre nothing seemed to have changed from the days of the old Skodas. However on departing Septembre I have never experienced acceleration like this, ride even with the old stock was good but braking and acceleration was unbelievable. Have travelled on many high speed units around the world but nothing compared to this. I highly recommend a visit and a trip whilst they still have the old compartment rolling stock.

Attachments

• F426A26B-AEC5-420C-9A25-87849A227BB0.jpeg
    F426A26B-AEC5-420C-9A25-87849A227BB0.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Just returned from trip to Sofia in Bulgaria and decided to have a day trip to Plovdiv. Have done this many times behind the Skodas and ex DB compartment stock and always enjoyed. However this time to my surprise I noticed at Sofia there was a new Vectron on the front but still the old rolling stock. From Sofia to Septembre nothing seemed to have changed from the days of the old Skodas. However on departing Septembre I have never experienced acceleration like this, ride even with the old stock was good but braking and acceleration was unbelievable. Have travelled on many high speed units around the world but nothing compared to this. I highly recommend a visit and a trip whilst they still have the old compartment rolling stock.
What's that beautiful station?

Btw they are Smartrons, the low-budget version of a Vectron.

delt1c

Established Member
Thats Plovdiv

What's that beautiful station?

Btw they are Smartrons, the low-budget version of a Vectron.
Smartrons or Vectrons the performance os awesome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.