• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vintage Tours 2022 (Diesel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing showing on their website yet but ive been told by a trustworthy source

Class 50s via S&C to Carlisle May 11th
Class 20s to Weston Super Mare air show, then onto Minehead, which puts it June 25/26

Dont know any routes or pick ups

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well reading the route it LOOKS like Chesterfield round via Barrow hill then Wakefield Kirkgate, engine shed jun, Skipton, Appleby, Carlisle. Break then WCML, Preston, Bolton?, Stockport, Hope Valley, Dore jun south, Chesterfield. Definitely not bad for the money

Well reading the route it LOOKS like Chesterfield round via Barrow hill then Wakefield Kirkgate, engine shed jun, Skipton, Appleby, Carlisle. Break then WCML, Preston, Bolton?, Stockport, Hope Valley, Dore jun south, Chesterfield. Definitely not bad for the money

Mentions the WCML but when you get to Preston there's a few options if not specified. Imagine the one you've suggested is likely though.

For a 50 railtour in 2022 I guess it's a good fare for standard and the dining is about average. There's no such thing as cheap these days but you will struggle to get many even a pound under £100 now.

Last year's 20s to Llandudno that never got properly off the blocks outside the Tyseley site is being re-run for the Victorian fair on 30th April I see. £79 standard good for something of that sort, albeit not the type of journey that can ever compete with the costs of driving, service trains or coach excursions naturally. Last year the fares were a lot lower though but as bubble packages for groups only.

Club class ain't proper first class if they still use the Mk2 SO stock, but it's slightly better than standard. Looking at the booking page there looks to be 9 carriages so expect with a kitchen it's a load 10 rake.

Yeah the 20s to Ludo does a good day out and for £79 standard a bargain

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Mentions the WCML but when you get to Preston there's a few options if not specified. Imagine the one you've suggested is likely though.

For a 50 railtour in 2022 I guess it's a good fare for standard and the dining is about average. There's no such thing as cheap these days but you will struggle to get many even a pound under £100 now.

Last year's 20s to Llandudno that never got properly off the blocks outside the Tyseley site is being re-run for the Victorian fair on 30th April I see. £79 standard good for something of that sort, albeit not the type of journey that can ever compete with the costs of driving, service trains or coach excursions naturally. Last year the fares were a lot lower though but as bubble packages for groups only.

Club class ain't proper first class if they still use the Mk2 SO stock, but it's slightly better than standard. Looking at the booking page there looks to be 9 carriages so expect with a kitchen it's a load 10 rake.
The kitchen car(s) are the Pullman Kitchen Second Car No.335 and Kitchen First 'Eagle'.

Pigeon

Eh? That's not what it says...

Following our final stop to pick up passengers at Chesterfield, our train will travel via Skipton and Hellifield to join the Settle and Carlisle line. After our visit to Carlisle we will return over the demanding hill climbing journey via the Settle and Carlisle line and retrace our outward route to Tyseley.

Out and back same way... to my mind that definitely makes it a good deal less appealing. Also no confirmation of which way it goes after Chesterfield; certainly it could go via the Old Road to Rotherham, but there's nothing to say it actually will, and that too is something I would want to be definite on.

Eh? That's not what it says...

Out and back same way... to my mind that definitely makes it a good deal less appealing. Also no confirmation of which way it goes after Chesterfield; certainly it could go via the Old Road to Rotherham, but there's nothing to say it actually will, and that too is something I would want to be definite on.
Well they have changed it, it was definitely back WCML over shap originally

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Well they have changed it, it was definitely back WCML over shap originally
The wording itself was a carbon copy of the wording for the 12th March tour which is out and back via the WCML to Hellifield. Hence the confusion and the need for it to be changed to reflect this tours different route.

Status
Not open for further replies.