• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vintage Trains Merrymakers

Masboroughlad

Established Member
In 2023, Vintage Trains ran some Merrymaker style, seaside excursions. Think they were heritage diesel hauled.

Are these not happening in 2024?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peteb

Nothing in the current VT online brochure but I guess they might add tours as the year progresses?

Iskra

Established Member
In 2023, Vintage Trains ran some Merrymaker style, seaside excursions. Think they were heritage diesel hauled.

Are these not happening in 2024?
Some of these were cancelled due to lack of bookings (I was booked on one from York to Scarborough advertised with 20's which got cancelled), so presumably they don't believe there is enough demand to warrant running them.

bleeder4

Their current focus is on expanding their dining offering and bringing it all in-house. As with other operators, I think they have realised dining is where the big money is. Plus they are now starting to get more revenue by hiring out their fleet to other promoters and even operating their trains, as with the recent batch of Tornado tours announced by the A1 Trust.