• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin East Coast site more expensive than Virgin West Coast? (update: solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp

1840 departure from Glasgow to Euston 5th August booked for £36.30 on West Coast.

East Coast for the same train quoted £52.80.

Both Advance singles with a senior rail card.

Only thing is I now have to ring Virgin West Coast for cycle reservation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
I am getting £39.60 on both sites for two adults both with senior railcards on earlier trains, e.g. the 1640 or 1740. I am not getting Advances on either site for the 1840 (which seems to involve a 9-hour interchange at Wolverhampton). On the East Coast site, did you perhaps specify only one railcard rather than two?

Edit: I am also seeing £36.30 for a 1st class discounted Advance on those earlier trains on both sites

Last edited:

cjp

I am getting £39.60 on both sites for two adults both with senior railcards on earlier trains, e.g. the 1640 or 1740. I am not getting Advances on either site for the 1840 (which seems to involve a 9-hour interchange at Wolverhampton). On the East Coast site, did you perhaps specify only one railcard rather than two?

Edit: I am also seeing £36.30 for a 1st class discounted Advance on those earlier trains on both sites

This is what I had from East Coast - I adult, I railcard, First Class £52.80 no changes 4hr59m journey time but I gave you the journey up arrival date ( I get a sleeper on the 4th) rather than the return date of 8th August - sorry. And I have just noticed on the East Coat site I had entered June not August :oops::oops:

View attachment glasgow tkt.pdf

Sorry to have wasted your time :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.