• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Standard Class Trolley Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jona26

Onboard the 20:40 Euston - Manchester tonight the steward has announced he will do a trolley run through Standard as "it's a long train and you may have a long walk to the buffet."

Haven't seen a trolley run through standard on Virgin for years.

He'd already offered anyone staying in Manchester directions to their hotel and cheap hotel suggestions to anyone without a room!! ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
I went on a Manchester - Euston then a Euston - Manchester train in the same day last week and was astounded to see a trolley in Standard on both trips!

harz99

Are these "proper" purpose built vending trolleys, or are the crew simply using one of their supply delivery modules to drum up extra trade? 'Cause I've seen that done before.

rebmcr

Established Member
I had a proper trolley come by in standard on a Man-Eus on Friday morning. Let me off with 10p when I found I was short for a bottle of water, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.