• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Traveller Club - What will happen after March 31st 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinker

This is a topic based on pure speculation as the Virgin Traveller FAQ's does attempt to answer some questions but the one BIG question I have is:-

When Virgin renew your Traveller membership this year, it will only be valid until the 31st March 2012 as that is when their current franchise agreement expires. My membership expires this month so my new card will only be valid for 5 months instead of the usual 12.

If Virgin retain the franchise AND decide to keep the Traveller scheme going - do you think that Virgin will extend the existing memberships automatically for the full 12 months or will you be expected to reapply all over again?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
If Virgin win, I fail to see why they'd force everyone to reapply

All Line Rover

Established Member
If Virgin won the franchise, it would be very bad PR for Virgin to force some of their most high-paying customers to apply all over again! At the same time, Virgin may (if they're feeling unusually generous) decide to scrap the Traveller scheme and introduce a loyalty scheme that applies to all passengers. They may decide to scrap loyalty schemes altogether! Whether staff who work for Virgin know more, I don't know.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
First Great Western scrapped their 'Forward' scheme shortly after taking over the new, expanded franchise.

bengolding

I thought Virgin were being allowed to run the franchise until Dec 2012 (just before the world ends), to avoid disruption during the Olympics? Has that not been agreed with Philip Hammond yet?

They should stop free entry into the First Class Lounge on Friday evenings. It's packed because of this, meaning those who paid for full fare First Class tickets can't get a seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.