• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virus Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Scott

Established Member
I would like to know some facts about this virus from people who know more than me (not armchair keyboard warriors). What is the chance of it just burning itself out? Is it likely to become less dangerous, assumption here is that if it mutates into a less dangerous form then person with it survives to give it to others so it spreads more easily and hence may become just like the common cold. I'm not a virologist but would like to hear some truths about this. The quote from a medical person in Milan a couple of weeks back got me thinking as he said viral load was reducing in new infections and becoming less dangerous, is this true, is it happening here in the UK?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scarby

I can only offer you a Sweden perspective, which is that with the virus being allowed something of a controlled spread through the population, the hospitalisation figures have fallen since the beginning of May - well on the way to being halved from their peak and the death figures are now falling noticably.

That evidently suggests that the outbreak is curbing itself. I don’t know the reasons, but the way the outbreak has gone is almost exactly as was predicted by leading Swedish (and probably world-leading) virologist Johan Giesecke.

Status
Not open for further replies.