• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visiting the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
At the end of this month (or possibly sometime in April) I want to combine two of my interests by going to see Chinnor RFC on the Saturday and taking a trip on the railway on the Sunday.

This will involve an overnight stay somewhere, but does anyone have any suggestions as to where this should be, please? It's complicated by the fact that I don't drive, so wherever it is will need to be on a bus route.

I'm thinking of travelling by train on Saturday morning to Thame and Haddenham Parkway and taking a bus from there to Thame. The rugby club is actually on the outskirts of Thame, and I know that I can get a bus there and back, so that should be okay. On Sunday, I'll return to Thame and Haddenham Parkway, take the train to Princes Risborough and take a return trip to Chinnor on the railway. I'll then return home on Sunday afternoon.

This has an overnight stay in Thame, but I'm not sure what's there - hence this request. If you can help, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks very much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

If you stay in Thame, Spread Eagle, it'll be a 55 minute walk to Haddenham & Thame Sunday morning. Or a taxi.

Just an idea: After the rugby ends, catch the bus and train to High Wycombe. There are cheap places to stay within walking distance of the station. On Sunday catch the train from High Wycombe to Princes Risborough to visit to C&PR (cross-platform interchange).

Neither Chinnor nor Princes Risborough have much in the way of accommodation near their stations, hence the suggestion of High Wycombe.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Thanks for your suggestions; I'll see how this works.

There are actually buses from Thame to Haddenham & Thame on Sunday morning, and this is what I have built into my plan. The Spread Eagle is where I was looking at staying, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.