• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visting Birmingham 1st & 3rd August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am visiting Birmingham on Sunday 1st Aug, please can anyone tell me where the best place is to see class 153 units.

At the moment are the Bham - Rugeley services being replaced by buses on a sunday as it says this is my timetable, but then when you go to national rail website it tells you trains between New St and Tamebridge Pkway with a bus from there?? so how many units would it take to run the shuttle from New St - Tamebridge would it be 2.

Also are there any booked class 150 or 153 digrams out of New St on a sunday and if so on what services, as i am wanting to see as many class 15x's as possible i will of course be going across to Moor Street.

Does the Nuneaton - Coventry shuttle still operate by a 153 on a sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will also be visiting Birmingham again on Tuesday 3rd Aug, how many units does it take to operate the Bham - Rugeley service and how many of them have 153 units tagged onto them, also i believe there is a Bham - Hereford service that operates with a 153 attached. Can anyone please list all the diagrams for a weekday that operate out of New Street with a 153 attached please as i want to see as many as poss while im down.

Many thanks inadavance for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
At the moment are the Bham - Rugeley services being replaced by buses on a sunday as it says this is my timetable, but then when you go to national rail website it tells you trains between New St and Tamebridge Pkway with a bus from there?? so how many units would it take to run the shuttle from New St - Tamebridge would it be 2.
I don't know what will be running these services; the line between Birmingham and Tame Bridge P/w is electrified, but any crossovers/reversing sidings may not be, or the juice might be turned off as part of the works, so there may be a 323 on the service or another unit - no guarantees of a 153.

I will also be visiting Birmingham again on Tuesday 3rd Aug, how many units does it take to operate the Bham - Rugeley service and how many of them have 153 units tagged onto them, also i believe there is a Bham - Hereford service that operates with a 153 attached. Can anyone please list all the diagrams for a weekday that operate out of New Street with a 153 attached please as i want to see as many as poss while im down.
Couldn't help you there I'm afraid; but most of the time the Rugeley/Hednesford trains are 170+153 although it's not unknown for another unit to work it.

There is also a diagram on the Snow Hill lines which is a 3 car 150 + 153, in Mar I caught this on the 1727 Dorridge to Worcester Shrub Hill, you might want to check it's still on this diagram.

You might also see plenty of them in Tyseley during the day; there are halfhourly trains Birmingham Moor St/Snow Hill to Tyseley during the day and more in peak hours.

thewolf

Don't generally get any 153s on the Rugeley services at weekends, usually operated by 150s and 170s. The Sunday service to Tame Bridge appears to be the same.

During the week most of the Rugeley services are 170+153, but there is the occasional 3-car 170 (1742 BHM-RGL and its 1846 return, certainly is) and I've seen 2-car 170s at times (whether that is scheduled, or just as a result of a knackered 153, I'm not sure).

As for 150s - They seem to turn up quite a bit at New Street on Sundays - Walsall/Rugeley (or Tame Bridge at the moment) and Worcester(,etc) services have a few pop up on Sundays.

Simon Poole

The Class 150's run to Rugeley on the weekend, the 1131 from Rugeley Town to Trent Valley is always an 150 working and departs with the 1142

During the week, the LM 170/6 runs (these are the semi fast departing Rugeley) 1042, 1242, 1442, 1642, 1846

the same trains arrives at Rugeley TV every 2 Hours (apart from one of the services terminates at Hednesford around 2-3PM) i think its 4 Trains operate the Chase Line (Rugeley To Birmingham) each day

Can anyone give me some info on the following also, appreciate the info so far.

On a sunday how many class 170 units does it take to operate the Birmingham - Worcester - Hereford services, and where is the best place on sundays to see the LM class 170`s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On weekdays how many class 170 units does it take to operate the Birmingham - Worcester - Hereford services, and the Birmingham - Shrewsbury services.

Also do services into and out of Worcester pass the depot and if so are there many units stabled there on weekdays and sundays?

thewolf

Worcester services are the best bet for 170s on a Sunday - although some are operated by 150s. When I went to Worcester a couple of Sundays back the depot seemed pretty chock full of 170s

Status
Not open for further replies.