• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Watford Jct to London travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewanderer

Established Member
Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of advice as I'm not sure I'm putting the right details into brfares.

A colleague was enquiring today how much was the fare into London from Watford Jct. He would then be travelling around London for the day. So I was thinking Watford Jct to travelcard zone boundary fare would be most appropriate.

How much is this ticket (adult and child) and is there a priv version of this ticket available, if so how much?

Many thanks
W

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

miklcct

On Moderation
Does your colleague need to get back and forth Watford Junction multiple times on the day?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of advice as I'm not sure I'm putting the right details into brfares.

A colleague was enquiring today how much was the fare into London from Watford Jct. He would then be travelling around London for the day. So I was thinking Watford Jct to travelcard zone boundary fare would be most appropriate.

How much is this ticket (adult and child) and is there a priv version of this ticket available, if so how much?

Many thanks
W
Why only to the boundary? How will the travel around London be dealt with?

Thewanderer

Established Member
He would travel into London from Watford Jct and then use the underground etc during the day before returning to Watford jct that evening.

So a travelcard which is valid to/from Watford jct is what I need but I can't find the fare for it.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi folks,

Many thanks
W
The Watford Junction to zones 1-6, AAA 7-9 tickets are £27.00 anytime and £20.10 off-peak for adults. I'm sure the usual discounts are available for children and priv rates. The same fares are used for caps on Oyster cards and contactless cards/devices.

Haywain

Veteran Member
The Watford Junction to zones 1-6, AAA 7-9 tickets are £27.00 anytime and £20.10 off-peak for adults. I'm sure the usual discounts are available for children and priv rates. The same fares are used for caps on Oyster cards and contactless cards/devices.

There are no Priv discounts on day travelcards.

Haywain

Veteran Member
You just keep paying priv rate until you reach the adult cap.
Not any good for non-safeguarded staff. Depending on what the OP’s colleague wants to do, it may be better to buy a Priv ticket to Euston (or to Zone U1) and the just use Oyster or contactless from then on.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Not any good for non-safeguarded staff. Depending on what the OP’s colleague wants to do, it may be better to buy a Priv ticket to Euston (or to Zone U1) and the just use Oyster or contactless from then on.
Yes, and doesn't say whether they're safeguarded or not! Makes a difference

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi folks,

Many thanks
W

Use "London Zones 1-6" as the destination on BR fares to get travel card fares

Status
Not open for further replies.