• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Watford to London via Milton Keynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelayRepay

Established Member
Hi

Tomorrow I need to travel:

Watford > Milton Keynes (during the morning peak)
Milton Keynes > Euston (early afternoon, ideally the 12:37 Virgin service)
Euston > Watford (early evening)

I was going to buy a return from Watford to Milton Keynes, and a return from Watford to Euston, but I think this would mean I have to use a train that calls at Watford on the middle journey. I'd rather use one of the fast services as I'm a bit short of time.

Can anyone suggest the best tickets to buy please? I prioritise time over cost as someone else is paying... Minimising the length of the middle journey is my priority.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
Hi

I was going to buy a return from Watford to Milton Keynes, and a return from Watford to Euston, but I think this would mean I have to use a train that calls at Watford on the middle journey.

I agree with this. One option would be separate tickets for each leg: there's still a £12 advance on the 1247 MKC-EUS. But Watford Junction to MKC in the morning would be £18.30 (but the 0803 only takes 21 minutes). In the evening, a single would be £9.50 for Euston to Watford Junction (or £7.90 on Oyster PAYG).

DelayRepay

Established Member
Thanks both for your suggestions.

I am going to follow RJ's advice - I'd rather not get the Advance just in case I get delayed.

A combination of tickets involving Wembley and Cricklewood will make for an interesting expenses claim :)

Thanks again - appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.